James Baroud Explorer RTT?

justinhw

Adventurer
I haven't seen any talk on the forums yet, but I ran into this review of the James Baroud Explorer RTT VS Maggiolina Extreme, and it seems the James Baroud is better quality.

I'm really curious as to this "automatic" tent setting feature, I don't know how it works or how reliable it is, regardless of what they say in the review.

Does anyone speak french? I just stuck it through a translator but some parts aren't too clear.

Does anyone have information about this, or if it's possible they ship overseas?

Part 1

Part 2

http://www.jamesbaroud.com/explorer.html

DrMoab

Explorer
Not sure I would want the weight of a tire on top of my tent but it would be nice to store light weight items up there. One of the reasons I went to a trailer was I hated loosing my roof rack when I had the tent on my Jeep.

justinhw

Adventurer
Not sure I would want the weight of a tire on top of my tent but it would be nice to store light weight items up there. One of the reasons I went to a trailer was I hated loosing my roof rack when I had the tent on my Jeep.

The review mentions the limit of 25kg on the top - they store a tire (no rim) only. I wonder if that tire was on when they set it up, or if they had to remove it each time.

justinhw

Adventurer
Update: Pictures

While on a backpacking trip through the Alps (Tour du Mont Blanc, awesome-btw) saw the actual tent. Couldn't find the owner though.

4778436183_ce682de50d.jpg

4779071678_4f944c4f08.jpg

4778436283_8cd5baa318.jpg

4778436549_75a03f1f35.jpg

Lots of latches, couldn't see a winding mechanism for raising it. Supposedly automatic according to the article. Also, saw those air vents also mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94