'Cruiser Camper eye candy

kcowyo

ExPo Original
On a website for FWC owners, a member posted a pic of his set up. I noticed in the background, a very sweet converted Landcruiser with a camper similar to some of the German manufacturer offerings. I inquired where the shot was taken and received the following response -

"...that picture was shot near the town of Teacapan, MX at Villas Onac RV park in December '06. The Toyota was an example of which we saw several, all from Germany and all built on late 70's model Toyota diesel chassis. Apparently that model Toyota is no longer made and they are perfect for that application. Several of the campers were built and offered by Tischer in Germany...this particular one was a different manufacturer."

Just something cool from an afternoon of net surfing.
cruisercamper.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Now that is cool! :jumping:

I like the available headroom in that Troopie much better than a sloped roofline. That would be a great way to tour Australia.

Any more pics from your trip?

hoser

Explorer
My time in Australia was short. We visited most places by plane and only had the Land Cruiser Camper for 5 days. We took it to Fraser Island, about 3-4 hours from Brisbane. This portion is of the trip can be found here. Next time it'll be a 5 week trip along the entire coast of Queensland.:jumping:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
From the same site mentioned previously, someone spotted this Landcruiser with a similar conversion. Euro plates but spotted in the Sierra Nevadas.

Now who wouldn't want this? - :drool: :smiley_drive:

aussie.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
kcowyo said:
From the same site mentioned previously, someone spotted this Landcruiser with a similar conversion. Euro plates but spotted in the Sierra Nevadas.

aussie.jpg

Ooh oh me!...*raising hand* :safari-rig:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I don't know where else to post this stuff, but I found a site for a great PanAm trip done by a guy in his BJ45 that he converted to a camper set up -

PanAmericana
buddy_solo.jpg

lowenbrau

Explorer
My GF went to Germany for the international Cruisermeeting in '03. That style of pop top 70 series is pretty popular over there. I'm only a small way into my expedition BJ74 project and I'm already planning the next one. HZJ79 with either a German style camper on the back or an Australian tray top camper.

Here's a few of my favorites fro her trip. More at http://www.rmlca.ab.ca/charla/Germany/index.html
1) Classic HZJ75 pop top
2) The 100 series version
3) An inspiration for my BJ74

lowenbrau

Explorer
kcowyo said:
I don't know where else to post this stuff, but I found a site for a great PanAm trip done by a guy in his BJ45 that he converted to a camper set up -

That's Roland!

He's become a good friend. He stopped in Calgary for a week or so on that journey and then, a month later, made it to Pismo where we caught up to him for the inaugural Surf n Turf. He flew over last fall to revisit some people he'd met on the journey.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
lowenbrau said:
My GF went to Germany for the international Cruisermeeting in '03......

Here's a few of my favorites fro her trip....

I recognize Agent Orange! I had one of Charla's photos from Death Valley as my screensaver at one time. Don't even remember where I found it, maybe Mud.... What a small world!

That was a great link to her trip to Germany - :bowdown: There are some nauseatingly cool Cruisers at that meeting.

So does Roland still have his Cruisin' camper?

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
kcowyo said:

aussie.jpg

I'm pretty sure I ran across these guys at Cruise Moab last year... they were parked in the parking lot at the entrance to the road to castle valley, possibly the worse place to camp in Moab.. (or at least versus many of the more spectacular camp spots).. We saw the vehicle there with the top popped on our way to get some fresh drinking water from that spring up there on the road and stopped to say hi... They were very standoffish, German couple, had also driven around the world or close to it.. After a little work and being very friendly of course we got them to warm up a little bit, I told them about some of the event (Cruise Moab) that was happening at the other end of town and that they would be very well received! They seemed to not like Americans too much, it was amazing how much modesty they were living in (and enjoying) in my opinion in the camper... After we were persistent enough and showed that we were nice and very excited people, they warmed up but we had some language barrier issues... Eventually they said they would stop by the camp ground at around 7AM.. I even got up early from where we were camping pretty far along the Kane Creek road to meet them, but they must have decided not to come.. They absolutely loved their land cruiser but were very shy of attention.. The man kept describing a lake bed in Boliva where he would set the throttle control and literally could go back and prepare a meal, the truck would drive itself with nothing to hit.... Pretty sweet truck, very well set up, 1HZ diesel, 5 speed, battery systems, sink, etc.. Obviously my dream camper! Never got a pic, but looks like the same one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94