4500 Miles Later

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
All photos up (at least what I want to post)

The trip covered roughly 4557 miles over 7 states (not including Colorado).
Most expensive gas was in Bridgeport, California at around $5.60 a gallon for the lowest Octane, mid 3's was the average. I just barely stayed under my gas budget which I was little surprised once I added it all up.
Worst tank of gas was around 13.5 mpg while driving against a head wind in Montana heading to Missoula and the best tank(s) was 21 mpg. Average was around 18.
The zippers on my tent started acting again at the start of the trip (during the rain) and made me start thinking about getting a wedge camper.
I need to find a better way to carry my mountain in the back of my truck with all my gear to keep it from bouncing/moving around (kept inside for security and I don't have to worry about potential damage from carrying it outside).
Covering that many miles by myself had me wishing for someone else to had been with me on the trip with for company.

Overall, this trip was well worth it and made me realize even more why did I wait so long to visit some of these areas. Unfortunately, it just added more areas for me to visit and/or return to but that is for next year trip.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan