Distance to nearest McDonalds

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Speaking as a carnivore it is my opinion that Subway has mastered the art of making a sandwich with the absolute minimum of animal protein possible.

I also wonder why they pre-slice their meat, what exactly are they hiding from us? Other shops can slice to order and make sandwiches just as fast. Possibly the machine they use to attain the tissue paper thin slices of chopped formed ham and turkey is proprietary and cannot be viewed by the general public?

Salue

Adventurer
.....I never got the runs from Subway but always do at fast food burger joints (McD's and Burger King and all of them).

Lucky you. My wife and I have gotten sick from eating at Subway a couple of times. After the second time we got sick ~7 years ago, we have never gone back.

Yudda

Adventurer
2 Mikey Ds here are less than 12 kilometers away... And im on a farm in Israel !

Rob

Last edited:

BlueBomber

Adventurer
This reminds me of a camping trip me and my friends went on. We forgot to bring food, but had plenty of beer and TP...........good times!

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
This reminds me of a camping trip me and my friends went on. We forgot to bring food, but had plenty of beer and TP...........good times!

One of my earliest camping memories was with my mom and sister while my dad was in Bosnia. We drove into town from the campground and went on a junk food run and got burgers from one restaurant, fried onions and mushrooms from another, shakes from a third, and all kinds of fun stuff. Then we took it back out to the campground and ate it next to the fire.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
One of my earliest camping memories was with my mom and sister while my dad was in Bosnia. We drove into town from the campground and went on a junk food run and got burgers from one restaurant, fried onions and mushrooms from another, shakes from a third, and all kinds of fun stuff. Then we took it back out to the campground and ate it next to the fire.

There is a Pizza place in Silver Springs NV that delivers to the Campgrounds at Lahoten reservoir. (If you have never heard of these places it's because they are about 25 miles past BFE.) I've been tempted to camp there just for the novelty of ordering a pizza delivered to my camp site.

paulj

Expedition Leader
One time I picked up roasted chicken from a grocery in town on the way to a campground. In that case the campground was only 15 minutes out of town, and we needed to restock on groceries anyways.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Last night we watched Fast Food Nation on IFC. Its a drama based on the non fiction book and it has gotten me interested in reading the book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles