What did you do to or where did you ride your mtn. bike today?

EricBirk

Adventurer
The height reference shot. Its an absolutely perfectly sculpted 90° hip jump to the right. The lip is a bit tough to see but it is about 8ish' below my feet in the pic.

Observer
Rode a nice section of the Colorado Trail above Durango with the Yeti Tribe crew. Lots of fun!

Attachments

• IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3211.jpg
    IMG_3211.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 23

fairweather

Observer
If you are curious about the route.
Airport-Owl Creek-Highline-rodeo lot-Rim (up the valley)-ditch trail-up Connector-up Village bound-Cross Mountain-Goverment-some trails into Aspen-ASPEN BREW PUB(mandatory beer)-Smuggler-Lolly Pop-Hunter Creek-4Courners Rd-Van Horn Park-Hobbit-4 Corners-Secret singletrack-Shadyside-Sunnyside-Airport :drool:

That's a day! I live part time in Aspen and have ridden all those trails but not all in a day, thanks for the idea.

clalor

Observer
I took the mountain bike out for a quick shake down ride yesterday after doing a lot of work to it over the last couple of months (bought new front wheel, built new rear wheel, new brake pads, new cables & housings, new pedals, installed Paul Thumbies and Ultegra bar-end shifters, etc). The ride was shorter than planned only due to my fitness level. I've been riding the trainer pretty regularly for a couple of months now and have started to venture out on the road bike in the last week. But still, WAY out of shape for the mountains.

Observer
I rode the Snowbird Hillclimb and Ultra Widowmaker race this morning. First, you start off in town at 5,000' and climb to the base of Snowbird Ski Resort at 8,000'. Then, you get on your mountain bike and ride fire roads to the top of the resort at over 11,000' on Hidden Peak. While not a real technical ride it was a bit tiring.

Attachments

• sbhcuwm.jpg
    sbhcuwm.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 20

clalor

Observer
I rode the Snowbird Hillclimb and Ultra Widowmaker race this morning. First, you start off in town at 5,000' and climb to the base of Snowbird Ski Resort at 8,000'. Then, you get on your mountain bike and ride fire roads to the top of the resort at over 11,000' on Hidden Peak. While not a real technical ride it was a bit tiring.

Good on ya! I'm hoping to ride the hill climb next near on the road bike.

How was your time?

EMrider

Explorer
I hit the bike park at Mammoth Mountain. That followed 3 days of riding the XC trails in that general area. The bike park is unreal fun. Miles and miles of groomed singletrack with plenty of fun stuff thrown in to suit your taste. I think I'm addicted, and need to get back up there soon.
R

Observer
Good on ya! I'm hoping to ride the hill climb next near on the road bike.

How was your time?

Thanks. Time wasn't great but the 'fun factor' was high. I figured that as long as I was not going to be competitive I would ride at a sustainable pace that allowed me to enjoy the experience rather than be a few minutes faster and kill myself. Since this was my first year, it was tough to figure out how hard I could go on the road and still have something left for the trail. I probably could have gone harder on both road and trail and not blown a gasket but that was hard to determine during the race. Good luck next year, it is a fun event!

Mr. D

Adventurer
well I have been exploring on my mtn bike more the last few weeks. Some days are tough with the weather still being in the upper 90's to 100's degrees in the mornings in southern nevada.

I decided to start taking a camera and stop on my trail rides to document what I see instead of just riding as hard as I can to complete a workout.

I have been trying to learn a lot of the trails at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City, NV. This area has been in a biking magazine as one of the top 100 places to ride in a lifetime and I am very fortunate that it is only about 10-15 miles from my house. I use a 2004 trek (so I am told) that I purchased off craig's list for my travels, which the other day I had at the bike shop for a new headset. It was funny the owner of the bike shop said (All Mountain Cyclery) this bike needs some love which we can handle in stages. I said I know, I know as long as I can still ride it.

So Bootleg Canyon

I was very lucky to see this desert tortoise as they are on the "endangered species list" I made sure to keep my distance it never did move off the trail so I turned around...
deserttortoise.jpg

A day earlier I saw a young desert fox and was hoping I would see it again and to my surprise
mydesertfriendthelittlefox.jpg

What some of the trail looked liked as I was trying to explore, my wife said I thought you were going to start riding easier trails (reconstructed right wrist from a bike crash and a year later another crash that dislocated the same wrist) I told her it is easier my love...
bootlegcanyonbouldercitynevada.jpg

I was very lucky to see what I saw that day so my bike needed a rest
bikeneededarest.jpg

I had to finish up with my first ever self portrait picture
1steverselfportait.jpg

1speed

Explorer
Built this yesterday for a friend of mine. Repainted, older KHS soft tail frame, XTR derailluers and shifters, XTR cables, XT cranks, Hope Hubs, Mavic rims, Salsa skewers, Juicy brakes, Cane Creek headset, Ritchey carbon seatpost, Titec carbon bars, Thomson stem, SRAM cassette and chain, Crank Brothers pedals, Manitou fork, Fizik saddle.

P7310354.jpg

kntr

Observer
Just got back from a week in Silver Star and Whistler. We had a blast.
Me at Silver Star
DSC03548.jpg

My 7 yo daughter at Whistler
DSC03727.jpg

Wife at Silver Star on her first wall ride.
DSC03531.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Just got back from two days on Denman Island and did a day trip over to Hornby Isl for some mountain biking. No crazy trails like up in Whistler but a nice change from the trails I usually ride.
Will try to upload a video on Youtube tonight...

BTW, Denman Isl and Hornby are about half way up on the east side of Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada.

Cheers,
Andreas

Attachments

• P8300015.JPG
    P8300015.JPG
    893.4 KB · Views: 21
  • P8300017.JPG
    P8300017.JPG
    912 KB · Views: 17
  • P8300029.JPG
    P8300029.JPG
    817.5 KB · Views: 9