$299 scratch and dent fridges on ebay

Richietherocket

Adventurer
So I have some questions about these fridges. Most have been having issues with them not kicking on when plugged into a 12v setup.
I have added a 12v plugin to the back of my FJC. It was t-tapped into an existing line that is "hot" all the time. If I plug this into this outlet will it work?
Do I need to add a dedicated postive line from the battery to the back of my rig and add another 12v outlet specifically for the fridge? I also have the stock inverter, 115v 400w.
If I leave the fridge in the back with no power overnight will it still hold it's temp with some frozen bottles?
At this point, I am not in the market for a dual battery setup. I am a complete newbie when it comes to electrical so TIA for any info.

4x4junkie

Explorer
I strongly recommend a dedicated circuit straight from the battery for your fridge (I'm running #10 AWG wire for mine).
Fridges are pretty finicky about power (not just Edgestar, but most fridges). More than a volt or so of loss during the startup phase and they tend to kick off right away (especially after the battery has drained down a little bit).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles