WARN 34971 12V contactor by Albright

VanGo

Explorer
Currently, I have a WARN M8000 with a factory solenoid pack installed on my LC. I have moved the solenoid pack several times for various reasons and have found that for my purposes under the hood is the best location. Since I am umpgrading to a dual battery system I am trying to maximize my component layout- solenoid pack, battery isolator, etc.... and since this has been a progressive build I have found that the 4-solenoid factory pack is too large for my plans. I have hacked apart the original solenoid pack up to do a custom install that has crowded my long term plans, so as I researched I have found the WARN 34971 (made by Albright) to be the solenoid of choice. The problem is getting any confirmed specs or compatiblity issues with my M8000. Has anyone had any experience with this said contactor/winch combo and if so where did you source the contactor?

Any help is appreciated!

Van

RedF

Adventurer
I used a Superwinch branded contactor for my M8000. As long as you are using a solenoid meant for a series wound motor, it will work. Superwinch was nice enough to supply me with a wiring diagram.

TALON%20wiring%20troubleshooting_zps8l2qj9vv.jpg

That said, I used the Warn remote, and wired it accordingly.

Last edited:

toy_tek

Adventurer
Revisiting this thread. Decided to try an Albright "equivalent" DC88p contactor. Never really found a good wiring diagram for my 5-pin Warn M8000 remote, so I'll post up my connections here in case anyone else has a similar requirement.

Got this contactor: http://www.evdrives.com/product_p/sol-dc88p-24v.htm

Unfortunately, mine came with neither a schematic, nor was it labeled. Evidently most of these contactors utilize a similar design/ schematic.

Winch power wires connected the same as in the diagram 2 posts up

Warn 5 pin remote control wires:
White -- 12v -- Post D
Brown -- Ground -- Post 2
Black -- winch "out" -- post 1
Red -- switch ground -- vehicle ground
Green -- winch "in" -- post 3

Post 2 would be the center of the 3 tabs or screws for the control wires. If the winch moves the opposite direction that you are expecting, swap the connections to posts 1 & 3.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles