Hello new to the site.

citysurf

Observer
well i been searching on craigslist to look for used tires and been getting accross a whole bunch of 15 inch toyota rims thats all, but thanks for all the help here im def getting 285s

Monterorider

Adventurer
fleebay. That's where mine are going after I get to take tires off. I still have that set of wheels and hardly used tires from my deceased Gen3

citysurf

Observer
Today I parked next to a 4 door Jeep Rubicon, and it had the 285/75/17 and it seems like a close fit, I belive they fit do you happened to have pics of the tires on the Gen3. thanks

Monterorider

Adventurer
awhile ago tried to compare my Gen 2 and Gen 3
DSCF2461.sized.jpg

DSCF2462.sized.jpg

DSCF2467.sized.jpg

citysurf

Observer
damn they fit, I went today to pepboys and quote it, im getting paid tomorrow, Ill post pics, now did you take the stupid plastics of the side of the doors that looks really nice, did you have to cover many of the holes or was it glue or something. thanks a million im getting them.

Monterorider

Adventurer
That's the way truck was build. I've had one of those rare beasts that were not officially available in mainland US but were sold in Puerto Rico conforming to all US emission, VIN, safety etc requirements. So it could be legally brought over. Although mine never left mainland it was Mitsu corporate vehicle for awhile before I bought it in 05.

citysurf

Observer
well i tell ya, im dying to rip mines off, thats one thing i dont like about the truck but i also saw people that painted it with bedliner paint so we will see tires first.

citysurf

Observer
I went to pepboys and got the tires, the dude was like there is no way they fit you gonna have to sign all this paper work and stuff and I told them that is possible and they went ahead with the installation and they could not belive that it cleared in all directions with no mods to it, I am posting pics of it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

citysurf

Observer
here is a few more pics Im sorry the rims were all dirty oh well they look a bit better now.

Attachments

• montero 1.jpg
    montero 1.jpg
    749.5 KB · Views: 114
  • montero 2.jpg
    montero 2.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 102

Monstero

Adventurer
Tires look great on there, and ya 285 fit the montys well.

IMO there is no "quiet" M/T tire. Some are a little more than others but overall you give up quiet to get traction. I stopped my Quest for a quiet M/T a while ago and just said to myself that if I want quiet I have to get an A/T, and well I can't give up the traction advantage for silence.:) The wife doesnt agree but she also has gotten used to the hummmm.:smiley_drive:

kuroi

Chief mud inspector
I had those same tires on my first gen, they are well... interesting in the rain haha:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior