Hello new to the site.

citysurf

Observer
Well I went crazy I hated those stupid flaps on the side of the truck and how low the bumper was so I cut them, there was no issue on rubbing or anything like that but i feel it gives it a more aggressive look. and if my car sells on ebay ill get the lift kit all at once, thanks for the heads up on the rain, Ill drive it safely. and the noise is not bad I am kind of deaf so it doesnt bother me at all.

Attachments

• montero 3.jpg
    montero 3.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 116

Monstero

Adventurer
Looks good....you will find that gives you more clearance than one would think. I cut mine on the same line.

citysurf

Observer
ok my first time offroading with the new tires.

Now here is a question you go online and see that a national park allows people to take your 4x4 and you go there and all the trails are closed but you can access them by going around the rocks, what a fun day it was. the montero hold its own no proplems at all, though I only went trough easy trails, enjoy.

Attachments

• P7220126.JPG
    P7220126.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 115
  • P7220127.JPG
    P7220127.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 102
  • P7220128.JPG
    P7220128.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 97
  • P7220131.JPG
    P7220131.JPG
    350 KB · Views: 86
  • P7220093.JPG
    P7220093.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 93
  • P7220115.JPG
    P7220115.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 93

Monterorider

Adventurer
Now here is a question you go online and see that a national park allows people to take your 4x4 and you go there and all the trails are closed but you can access them by going around the rocks, what a fun day it was. the montero hold its own no proplems at all, though I only went trough easy trails, enjoy.

Usual advice would be to not got into lands and trails that are marked "no motorized vehicles". I know it's hard to resist desire to test out new goodies and not so easy to find ligit place to do you around major metro area but you got to do the right thing.

Monstero

Adventurer
but you got to do the right thing.
I totally agree with you, and practice this when I go out, but I have had same thing happen to me as Surf did. I have taken a trail that was open at one end only to find that it was closed and posted at the other. So instead of back tracking the 8 hours it took to do the trail we went around the gate and over the rocks by the side of the gate. Now coming at it from the direction of the gate at the beginning...nope..wouldnt have went around, but given the situation from the other direction I did.

Tatan Mitsu

Very nice your Monty Sebastian, MT tires are a very aggressive.

Unfortunately, at this moment I can not get out much, too much water and mud therefore, once I put the tires 33 and rear ARB will block more complicated routes.

Bye

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles