"Relay Blocks"

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Started doing a search to see if there were any clean water proof relay holders you can put under your hood for lights, etc etc.. After looking for a while, Waytek, etc, stumbled into the Hella relay blocks.. 4 packs so I would probably need 2 total (8 relays) between electric fan, lights, etc that I will need to run. anyone have any other solutions, possibly some that are cheaper? Here is a link to them...
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Relay_Boxes_and_Fuse_Boxes.asp

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
They are not cheap (~$60), but Painless makes 7 circuit pre-wired and weatherproof fuse blocks.

The model #:
#70207 - 3 constant-hot and 4 ignition-hot
#70217 - 7 ignition-hot circuits

prf-70207.jpg

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
dieselcruiserhead said:
Started doing a search to see if there were any clean water proof relay holders you can put under your hood for lights,

I would check here: http://bluesea.com/

DaveInDenver said:
They are not cheap (~$60), but Painless makes 7 circuit pre-wired and weatherproof fuse blocks.

The model #:
#70207 - 3 constant-hot and 4 ignition-hot
#70217 - 7 ignition-hot circuits

prf-70207.jpg

I have one of those, that i am eventually going to put into my rig. Had the above unit for over 2 years and still havent gotten around to installing it! ;)

I will say, that the quality of it is top notch!

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
How about using OEM relays?
A trip to the local salvage yard will yield plenty of waterproof relays. Both Ford and GM use them on their trucks.

relays.jpg

You have to go to the mid to late ninties. Most of the relays migrated to the electrical center. You will find them on the firewall. Usually near the HVAC or on the core support.
Made in Canada by Dualtec Electronics.
GMpartsdirect.com said:
GM PART # 25553347
PACK QTY: 1
GM LIST: $10.91
OUR PRICE: $5.67
DESCRIPTION: RELAY ASM

eugene

Explorer
If you order from gmparts direct though you will get a 300% markup on shipping.
Try someplace like partszoneonline where you get charged the actual shipping.

I'm using the upfitter relay/fuse block which is part of the police package tahoe.
p/n is 12160504
Its basically a grid of 4 x 9 holes that you plug the metripack wire in the rear and relay or fuse in the front. The newer style relays and minifuses.

Icewalker

Adventurer
eugene said:
Try someplace like partszoneonline where you get charged the actual shipping.

I'm using the upfitter relay/fuse block which is part of the police package tahoe.
p/n is 12160504
Its basically a grid of 4 x 9 holes that you plug the metripack wire in the rear and relay or fuse in the front. The newer style relays and minifuses.

Could you post up a picture? It sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Jeff

eugene

Explorer
You can't see real well from this picture because I only have fuses in it but the relays fit in it too.

Last edited:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
eugene said:
Agreed :D
I like the convenience of their search engine and I find that my local dealer will nearly match the prices. Much less than the prices charged for shipping and handling.
Use them as a reference. There are less expensive places to buy. Buy local and support the people in your community when you can.

eugene

Explorer
partszoneonline was another gm dealer I found which has an online catalog like gmparts direct but charges the actual shipping.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
This came up on ih8mud, and these pics were posted.. The first are Ford Taurus "relay distribution blocks" - heavy duty relays as high as 30-60s amp looks like in there..

Second are fuse blocks supposedly from mid-80's Toyota Sedans, used to power the AC and such...

I will be using both of these.. :)

From this thread/post originally...
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=138740

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
There was a killer "relay block" getting alot of attention down in Moab at the vendor show. It was capable of up to 6 systems, and had a stellar integrated circuit board, that had a fuse slot for each relay... super clean setup. Without the switches they were selling... I think it runs ~$250. I'll post some pics later on.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior