Dust in 3rd generation XL

playmitsi4me

Hello,
New to the site as a member but have spent much time here getting inspired to purchase my XL. Looking for technical support on a serious dust issue entering the cabin when driving on dirt roads. The problem seems to be especially bad in the rear cargo area vents but on the last trip noticed quite a bit entering the glove box as well. Have tried various air recirculation scenarios- both open and closed but no difference. The one thing I have not tried is blasting the fan to create cabin pressure. Have found much info on Pajero Club of Victoria site which concludes Mitsubishi is aware of the problem in Australia and offer an expensive (16 hour) "seal kit". I have not heard of anything here in N. America. I have called dealers in my area and none have experienced this problem. Anyone having similar issues? Any DIY fixes? Thank you in advance!
Cheers!
Sean

Last edited:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Sorry to hear of your problem. I get dust in mine, but nothing that I would call excessive. Sorry I can't help out more.

playmitsi4me

update

Was in the Sierra last weekend and am glad to report I was able to keep the dust situation down by creating cabin pressure with the fan on 3 or 4 in top vent position. Kind of sad about not being able to tool around w/ the window down but got to keep the Misses happy.
My local dealer did find some info from a Mits. Motors engineer confirming the "kit" was available through Mits. OZ. He did add that it might not fit Montero as the Pajero might be different which I was suprised to know.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Was in the Sierra last weekend and am glad to report I was able to keep the dust situation down by creating cabin pressure with the fan on 3 or 4 in top vent position. Kind of sad about not being able to tool around w/ the window down but got to keep the Misses happy.
My local dealer did find some info from a Mits. Motors engineer confirming the "kit" was available through Mits. OZ. He did add that it might not fit Montero as the Pajero might be different which I was suprised to know.

The kit might not fit if it is not specifically designed for a Pajero NM. The Pajero NM and the Montero are the same trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior