Ball Mount for M416 Trailer

Antelope

Hi Folks,
I was lucky enough to pick up a M416 in great shape and am just starting on the build. Since it will double as a utility trailer and be pulled by a variety of vechiles I'm hoping to find a ball mount that is mounted to the lunette so I can swap out the lunetee with a ball mount as needed. If anyone has one that they would like to sell let me know.

Thanks

Kevin

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Mine had a broken lunette and a guy welded a coupler to it. I wish he has used a 2" rather then an 1 7/8" though. I plan to convert mine back to a lunette eventually and use a 2" receiver mount Pintle that I can swap between vehicles.

Antelope

That's exactly what I'm looking for, if I can't find one I'll have to just find an old Lunette and hack it up.

Cheers.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
That's exactly what I'm looking for, if I can't find one I'll have to just find an old Lunette and hack it up.

Cheers.

If you find an old lunette, I'll swap you my 2" ball hitch for it!!!! And pay shipping for both!

Mine has the 2" ball hitch welded to a 'hacked' lunette, from somewhere in it's previous life.

I'd rather have the lunette, but haven't found one for under $100 yet.

My M416 came with a 2" ball hitch welded to a cut lunette. I use a regular lunette now and have no use for the one with the 2" ball hitch.

I would be willing to sell it... will post pics of it tonight or tomorrow.

JPNCA

Adventurer
I had one made by an iorn worker friend. Then had a 2" hitch welded on. I extended it quite a bit too:sombrero:
137.jpg

138.jpg

149.jpg

M

mike6187

JPNCA wrote:
I had one made by an iorn worker friend. Then had a 2" hitch welded on. I extended it quite a bit too

great job on that hitch. anyway for my towing i always use the Action Xtreme Ball Mounts.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
An other option is to build a 2' receiver tube into the tongue of the trailer. That way you can slide in a Max Coupler, ball coupler, or lunette eye.

There is a report on how to modify a M416 at the Jeep Brokers website. AT has some of the tongue plates needed in stock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles