Gen 3 Lift Options and Questions.

citysurf

Observer
So I have read about Sierra Expeditions, the seem to have their ******** together and have excelent customer service and a lot of good feedback on them, now I see on their site that the lift the offer is 1.5".
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1024

Now the peeps at rocky road offer an OME suspension for the monty one as 2" and another one 1.75"
http://www.rocky-road.com/monterosus.html

so can any one help me out here on what the difference is if any or is the same lift with some mistake on the height of the lift.

Im getting a lift in two weeks..... :wings:

Sebastian

datrupr

Expedition Leader
OME only offers one lift for the Gen III Montero's in three different stiffness levels. Sierra Expeditions is going off of wat OME says the lift is while in actuality it is just a bit taller that 1.5". I went with the Heavy Duty set up due to the wieght of the bull bar up front and I plan on adding a winch and all the gear I carry when we go on trips. Fully loaded the suspension does not give at all but empty it is a much rougher that stock ride and because it is so stiff it actually articulates worse than the stock set up. I guess it's all a trade off. I would buy from Wil and Wendy at SE. We have to support our forum sponsors and they are great people.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I'll second what Aaron stated about the OME Heavy Duty.

I never noticed it riding that rough empty, because I added the winch and bumper at the same time. So, I never knew what it would drive like without the added weight up front.

Just Google Rocky Road Outfitters if you want to find a ton of people with complaints about dealing with them. Then ask anyone here how Sierra Expeditions treats its customers. You'll see a huge difference in the responses.

citysurf

Observer
I know SE def gets a good name for themselves, ill hit them up, I wish the car I sold would have gone for much higher than what it sold so that I would have order the bumper as well. Thanks

Monterorider

Adventurer
I bought couple things from rocky-road (locker and OME shocks) didn't have a problem but why not support SE. If you want to stretch you dollar a little further you can just get the springs since unlike solid axle suspension travel doesn't change when you put taller springs on independent suspension. That also gives you option to install better shocks like remote reservoir Bilsteins or something. If you plan to get a winch I would get heavy duty front and medium duty rear which later you could supplement with Airlift 1000 airbags or something along those lines if you plan to tow/carry heavy stuff. I've got those on my Gen 2. Ride height doesn't change and you can adapt to give load. Yes I know Airlift doesn't sell a kit for Gen 3 Monty but I worked with them to find close match for spring height/diameter/travel then only needed to manufacture adapters for top and bottom spring seats. There is body mount bolt sticking down at the top and hole in the bottom to clear. Rolled my Monty and all worked seized for obvious reasons. Still have those bags in my garage.

squam1

i have the OME HD springs and nitro charger sport shocks, also purchased from SE and couldn't be more happy. sure, they are a bit firmer, but for normal roads/driving, they are quite comfy. to be perfectly honest, I don't recall what the stock set up felt like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior