What would you think of this?

CornDog

Observer
Joaquin Suave said:
I was sitting around this camp fire, i heard this campfire story (from a VERY knowlegeable source). It goes like this...

Bad boy trucks, were actually badboys...
When they bought their first two trucks from S&S (1 4x4, 1 6x6), they feed S&S a story about how they were going to develop the trucks for range land firefighting use. Well they did develop the 6x6 for firefighting and made the "badboy" 4x4. So, S&S get wind of the "badboy" truck and S&S's legal department goes ballistic! I seems that S&S didn't had product liabality for such an endeavor and promptly dealt with the issue by....

Ceasing ALL non-government sales!

THANKS BAD BOYS...If you lived near me, I'd dive over and sic my dogs on you!

NOOOOOOOO!
And here I thought finally someone had got smart and built a decent cab-over 4x4.
Aw well....
Guess I'll just have to wait for the army to get fed up with the FMTV and they start hitting the surplus market.

Last edited:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
The US Answer to the Unimog without portals.

I have been drooling over that truck for years. I'd buy mine (if I had the cash) as not much more then the military gets. Might go for the A/C.

I don't understand S&S. They are idiots for not making it available to the public. It has a market and it was proven by Badboys.

There's lots of idiocy. DCX has a 900 series motor that meets 2007 emissions (the 7.2L) but despite that they pulled the Unimog from NA at the end of 2006 because of emissions. The U500 has the 906 6.4L which could easily be replaced by the 926 - same block and weight.

Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94