Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Montero SPORT Pics!

Default Post Your Montero SPORT Pics!

Hey guys, I've been around for a while but just got around to posting. I just got a Montero Sport and I know there are at least a few of you out there with them.

I'm really needing some inspiration so let's see what you got.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

No action shots yet. It is currently sitting in a container in Calcutta. I should be driving it around Kathmandu starting next week or the week after...

sweet sport! love the bumpers. Have fun in Kathmandu - have breakfast at Mikes... haven't been there in over 10 years, but I loved my 6 months in Nepal.

good luck driving around kathmandu too!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiploSport View Post
    No action shots yet. It is currently sitting in a container in Calcutta. I should be driving it around Kathmandu starting next week or the week after...

Wow I love the way your rig looks. Can you share some of the specs on the suspension and tire size? I love the stance!
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by squam1 View Post
    sweet sport! love the bumpers. Have fun in Kathmandu - have breakfast at Mikes... haven't been there in over 10 years, but I loved my 6 months in Nepal.

good luck driving around kathmandu too!!
    Mikes is still the best breakfast in town even though Mike is no longer with us. Regarding traffic - what do you think the bumpers and rock sliders are really for?

Some more specs:

2004 Montero Sport LS, "amazon green pearl" color
    3.5 liter with 60K miles on the clock
    2" OME rear Heavy Duty lift
    ARB high rate torsion bars for front
    255/85/R16 BFG KM2 tires on stock wheels
    Rear ARB locking differential (9.5" dif. with 4.9 gears)
    And of course custom made bumpers and rocker panel protection

Some more specs:

2004 Montero Sport LS, "amazon green pearl" color
    3.5 liter with 60K miles on the clock
    2" OME rear Heavy Duty lift
    ARB high rate torsion bars for front
    255/85/R16 BFG KM2 tires on stock wheels
    Rear ARB locking differential (9.5" dif. with 4.9 gears)
    And of course custom made bumpers and rocker panel protection

Do you know what kind of gain you netted from the OME heavy duty in the rear? I ask because I had no idea there would be so much clearance for the 255's with just a 2" lift. How is the ride with those D rated tires and the heavy duty springs? Pretty harsh? I'm sorry for all the questions. I just really like your rig.

I didn't do a before / after measurement of the lift. I read on the monterosportonline.com forums that the 255/85/R16's are the perfect size for the sport (and now I have to agree). Someone might have done measurements over there, but I don't remember.

In terms of ride comfort...You can see my other truck below. This was my daily driver for about 5 years before I bought the sport. Comparatively the sport rides like a cadillac even with the HD lift and E rated tires!

those NH plates on your sport?? just curious... where'd you get the bumpers made?

or perhaps you made them yourself?

damn those bumpers are crazy. great ride.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast