I've got one big backside~

gophere

Adventurer
I have been out and about in my Montero quite abit and man the butt on this thing is big.
montero004.jpg

I have been sliding the bumper and hitch over alot of stuff. not the same as my XJ. the angle is pretty bad, I have more clearance than my jeep had but wrong departure angle

I have three options--(help it you think of more:):
one is to go to from my 31's to 33's but I dont want to have and regear the low range and will have to with 33

two is a custom rear bumper hitch combo job. I can not do this myself so I would have to find a builder here in PDX -- ANYONE?- I am taking off the hitch monday anyways.

three is a bumper off a gen 1 monty. but dont know if it will fit.

OH always something right?
Just kinda venting but any input is nice...:smiley_drive:

RttH

I haven't had any issues with my back end dragging yet. I do have 33's and an Old Man Emu suspension that gives me a little lift. I don't know what kind of wheeling your doing but changing gears may not be needed if climbs are not too extreme. I needed new gears in Colorado due to transmission getting hot and mostly insufficient gearing when coming down long steep descents here in the Rockies. I had no problems on the highway or shorter climbs with 33's.

Not sure if I helped any. Best of luck!

gophere

Adventurer
I haven't had any issues with my back end dragging yet. I do have 33's and an Old Man Emu suspension that gives me a little lift. I don't know what kind of wheeling your doing but changing gears may not be needed if climbs are not too extreme. I needed new gears in Colorado due to transmission getting hot and mostly insufficient gearing when coming down long steep descents here in the Rockies. I had no problems on the highway or shorter climbs with 33's.

Not sure if I helped any. Best of luck!

I have noticed this same issue with the 31s I have know but not as bad i am guessing.
Lots of steep stuff to get to the good stuff you know.

I am going up through Montana next month and know a couple of spots I want to hit are going to be rough.

we will see if I come back with a bumper:coffeedrink:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I can't remember the last time i hit my bumper or rear quarter panels and i have the same truck. Maybe it's because mine's blue :wings:

1272307261_willow_04_25_023.jpg

gophere

Adventurer
I can't remember the last time i hit my bumper or rear quarter panels and i have the same truck. Maybe it's because mine's blue :wings:

1272307261_willow_04_25_023.jpg

NIce truck buddy;; Yep def because yours is blue. couldnt be the shave it got or the big tyres:Wow1:

like that rear alot, any more pics or info on it?

Toasty

here's another
1278376449_pict0208.jpg

It's really good for standing on to reach the roof rack, i'll have to take some better pictures oneday because people keep asking about the cropped quarter panels. There are a few other guys who have done it too.

gophere

Adventurer
here's another
1278376449_pict0208.jpg

It's really good for standing on to reach the roof rack, i'll have to take some better pictures oneday because people keep asking about the cropped quarter panels. There are a few other guys who have done it too.

nice flex!!

I do like the cropped panels.. Think thats the way to go.

Yeah. take more pics buddy!

I got a little flex, but the front right came way up to get there
. still go a lot a room to grow,,,

lisahighrock024.jpg

Toasty

I can keep the 3 on the ground with the one up the ramp and the truck is only sitting at 5 degrees on the inclinometer.
1278376280_pict0210.jpg

I'll have to take those rear bumper pics for you soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier