Looking at getting a MTB-help me decide.

Cackalak Han

Explorer
zuren - Actually, it seems like most SS bikes being produced these days have the option to go geared. Trek/GF Rig, Kona Unit, Redline Monocog Flight, On One Inbred Slot Drop Out, Vassago Jabberwocky, etc.

Also, there are many of us riding HT out here in the West and choose to do so with the FS hanging in the garage!! :D

BTW, I never knew On One made EBB version. I've seen sliding drop outs and current slot drops, but not EBB.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Flounder - Can you rename this thread "Official Expo Bicycle Forum Chat Thread"? :D

Yes, welcome to the Pedal Potpouri thread. Here's the schedule for the week:

Monday: Baggies vs lycra
Tuesday: Clipless vs platform
Wednesday: Tomac vs Hans Rey
Thursday: Visor or no visor
Friday: Open discussion, but only about carbon fiber crowned XC forks.
Saturday: Bottles vs hydration pack
Sunday: Ride vs chat about riding.

:sombrero:

Wander

Expedition Leader
Hey I gave birth to the least focused bike thread yet-I am so proud!

I took Friday off to get some house stuff done and to take a good ride (road). Long story short, I've been off the bike for to long due to a surgery, injury, illness and work. It felt great being back out and I felt every mile. The heat was off but not as much as I thought so I got into a little trouble about 3/4 out and had to stop for a breather in the shade and find a water spigot, thank god for small town fire stations!

Time to go do it again!

EricBirk

Adventurer
Says the dude with a 5" travel FS bike. :elkgrin:

Also, regarding 29er SS, if you are looking for one, my LBS is having a Kona sale. They've got a Kona Unit 29er SS for sale at $450. Brand new (it's a 2008 model, though). Sliding dropouts, butted steel frame, disc brakes, etc. Solid ride and retails at $1,000. If I didn't already have a SS 29er, I'd jump on this.

Speaking of jumping, I've been wanting to get my hands on a DJ bike (SS, of course :D). There are some dirt jump parks around me, and I'd like to give it a try.

YouTube- GoPro HD Hero camera: 2010 Post Office Bike Jam

No 5" Duallie in my stable anymore :( damn student loans!
Just an 8"er now ;)

Good ol' Postie jumps. Park is a ton of fun to ride, definately builds a ton of skill which you can transfer over.

Wander

Expedition Leader
I was in Cary NC this weekend and went by Cycling Spoken Here. They have a very nice Spot with a belt drive SS set up. Only a couple thousand over what I could spend right now- oh well... A guy can dream ( and save up)

Cackalak Han

Explorer
I'm not sold on belt drives--at least for right now. Seems like there are kinks yet to be worked out.

BTW, I grew up in Cary. Go Imps!! :D

Wander

Expedition Leader
I'm not sold on belt drives--at least for right now. Seems like there are kinks yet to be worked out.

BTW, I grew up in Cary. Go Imps!! :D

I've wondered how those are working out. You missed Lazy Days-although I didn't go downtown as it was too damn hot to hang out on main street without any shade. In case it's been a while, Spin Cycle closed and CSH has a huge place near their old store front. Performance put in a location near the mall and I think there is another shop somewhere. Another new comer is Inside Out triathalon shop-complete with an indoor endless pool to test out swin gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior