I joined the Cult

kjp1969

Explorer
Wednesday evening would work- but I was thinking of my garage. There is a fridge (WITH BEER, JD) just an arm's reach away, and have a couple of very luxurious card tables and folding chairs. Plus there is plenty of room for maps!

I live within CB range of TEOTAWKI and very close to a few others.

Sign me up. I live in FV.

Judging by your Lat/Long, you live at the police station! I'm very near Slater/Magnolia.

I'm thinking of post dinner, perhaps 7:30 or so? Let's switch to PMs and stop cluttering Jim's build thread!

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I'm off tomorrow, working wed-fri, off sat/sun, back at work next mon-wed. The culdesac sounds good. We'll have to wait for the weather (WX) to clear up.

Wait, is the 'invitational' part in a different thread?
:088:

rdraider

Adventurer
They work well but I'd hesitate to say that they will be great for you. If you have a lot more ambient light then you'll want brighter backup lights because that trailer's rear end and the area behind it are a long way back from the driver's mirrors.

I found that out in the boondocks they gave plenty of light because it was pitch black otherwise. They are much brighter that the two little bulbs on the back of my 4Runner and those are blocked by the trailer anyhow.

Try some experiments with a simple flood light or some old foglights and set one at the back of your trailer to see how it looks at night from your mirrors.

Thanks for the advice. Here's to y'all having a great planning ;);):friday: ahem, session!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I finally installed the last two marker lights for the trailer. The spot on the angled face of the nose box allows them to be seen from the front when the trailer is unhitched.

...and presto!

Repeated for the other side then wired them, integrating the wires into the split loom and tapping into the terminal blocks.

Last edited:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
One of my planned mods was to figure out how to mount my Fiamma Pro 35 awning to the trailer. I was lucky enough to be able to buy a used pair of A/T Trailer mounts from Dave (AdventureDuo) even though I was not sure how I'd mount them I figured there had to be some way.

Here are some photos of the first phases of the project.

Test fit

I had some nice pieces of aluminum angle stock, fairly hard alloy about 1/4" thick. This shot is on the trailer's left side, opposite of where the RTT opens. I also chose the corners of the trailer's lid so that I could get some height as well as avoid banging things into each other. This spot also gives good clearance to the zipper of the RTT's cover.

I need to primer and paint the angle brackets, true up the mounting and also make up some mounting plates for the awning. I also bought some new retainer pins. More pictures soon!

Last edited:

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
Tried that

Jim

Thanks for your reply, I still get a database error whenn adding photo's. I didn't have that problem in the original post? The only thing that has changed is adding of Norton Security program.

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles