Our new SMB...

tomesd

Observer
Thanks guys- yep, Sportsmobile did an awesome job putting this thing together. Jeff told me during the walk thru that even the workers as they were building it were saying how great it was going to be (I suspect they tell ALL their customers this but...!)

I've put some molle panels on the rear walls and behind the AC cabinet to hang bags, pouches, etc- worked out nice. Again, thanks for the compliments.

Last edited:

tomesd

Observer
We added molle panels in the rear. This will allow us to attach pouches, bags etc for added storage- figured I'd share.
1aaa2f8a.jpg

3115c27e.jpg

5cf4f383.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
Awesome machine!

Will you guys be at the 24 hours of Old Pueblo race in Tucson? We are going to have an entire "overland" section for the event.

tomesd

Observer
Awesome machine!

Will you guys be at the 24 hours of Old Pueblo race in Tucson? We are going to have an entire "overland" section for the event.

We'll be in that area for a Wilderness medicine conference in Sante Fe early June- other than that...

Last edited:

alaskaboy

Observer
tracking?

IF you can divulge, what was the security and tracking you mentioned?

Considering that "plug" featured in Overland Journal vs. active system.

Thanks.

tomesd

Observer
I've got the normal redundant security systems in place and a Rocky Mountain GPS tracking device installed. If they get it in, then started, then rolling I can track where it's at at all times.

shawner2713

Observer
Wow. That is sweet! I wish I could afford one of those...

And you are in Jeff City?? I'm in columbia- I'd love to come check it out sometime for the heck of it. or maybe if you take any local "expedition" trips with it I could tag along in my 4runner and oogle over it the whole time. or maybe come down to do some mountain biking with you and your wife at binder or something.

tomesd

Observer
Wow. That is sweet! I wish I could afford one of those...

And you are in Jeff City?? I'm in columbia- I'd love to come check it out sometime for the heck of it. or maybe if you take any local "expedition" trips with it I could tag along in my 4runner and oogle over it the whole time. or maybe come down to do some mountain biking with you and your wife at binder or something.

Come down anytime- we'll set it up one of these days.

tomesd

Observer
They were made by "Raingler nets and grips"- I sent them the measurements and they made the panels. They are the company that made all the netting in the back of our rig. Great stuff...

tomesd

Observer
We're getting ready to take a tour of Colorado coming up- thinking about taking our SMB over Mosquito pass to Leadville. Anyone taken theirs over it? Is it even clear yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier