Edgestar Fridge Modifications Thread

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Yowza. I'm all for over-building stuff, but using a 120A rated connector set for a fridge which should probably be on a 10A fused circuit seems a bit much. There are other positive-locking electrical connectors in the world...

EDIT: And just because it seemed so odd, I looked at it again. They're connecting 16AWG wire to a SB50. The smallest crimp that Anderson sells for the SB50/75 set is for 12AWG.

If anything, you're introducing a potential failure point by using oversized crimps. As an Electrical Engineer w/ 20+ years experience, I wouldn't build my cables this way.

Last edited:

GeoRoss

Adventurer
Yowza. I'm all for over-building stuff, but using a 120A rated connector set for a fridge which should probably be on a 10A fused circuit seems a bit much. There are other positive-locking electrical connectors in the world...

Agreed that the SB50 is way overrated for the amps of a fridge, but there is next to no chance it will become accidentally disconnected. I tried to source the parts to make one with a lower rated anderson pole, but I couldn't find that bungy cord. If you contact the seller, they might sell you just the cord and you can put the connector on that works for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles