Cheap Fridge Light

01tundra

Explorer
I was messing around in Academy Sports last weekend and ran across a battery powered Coghlan's cooler light for $6.99. Stuck it to the inside of my Engel lid and it works like a champ. It has a gravity activated switch built into it that allows it to automatically come on when you open the lid, and shuts off when closed. It comes with double-sided tape already installed, so it's simply a peel-and-stick endeavor. It's not going to blind you, but it seems to put off ample light to be able to see what your grabbing in the dark.

I thought it was a pretty cool little light for the money.

http://www.coghlanscampinggear.com/cocoli.html

P8130001.jpg

Last edited:

01tundra

Explorer
Had the opportunity to use the light over the weekend while camping and it worked flawlessly. It gave off plenty of light to see everything in the fridge in the pitch dark. Definitely well worth the price IMO :cool:

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
My fridge came with a light. It's saves the battery by seeing everthing fast so you can grab it and close it up.

Salue

Adventurer
I bought that Coghlan's light when it was on clearance at REI last summer and it's been working great in my ARB fridge.

01tundra

Explorer
Just got back from a 10-day vacation and the light's still working like a champ, I'm amazed at how well it works considering what it cost......I'm going to say I can definitely recommend it.

I think it would be ideal for the underside of storage compartment lids as well.

XJINTX

Explorer
Are you sure it turns off when closed ;) :) J/K

cool idea I want one for some other uses besides the fridge!

shogun

Adventurer
I was messing around in Academy Sports last weekend and ran across a battery powered Coghlan's cooler light for $6.99. Stuck it to the inside of my Engel lid and it works like a champ. It has a gravity activated switch built into it that allows it to automatically come on when you open the lid, and shuts off when closed. ]

Yea, but are you Sure it goes off when you close it? Are you really sure?

01tundra

Explorer
Ha! I actually did check that......it's a stupid engineer thing I guess.....but yes, actually it does turn off right before the lid closes all the way down :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier