FGs for sale

haven

Expedition Leader
The ad says these are trucks that don't have the current
emissions control equipment, and so don't require the
ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel. That's important for people
who are thinking of travel to places outside USA, Canada
and western Europe. The price looks good, too.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Chip,

Could this please be a sticky thread for anyone to drop FG's into when they see them for private sale ? What do you (or any of the other moderators) think? Is it worth it ?

Regards John.

haven

Expedition Leader
Hi John,

According to the forum administrators, posts about vehicles for sale should go into the "for sale" section, rather than this area of the forum. Should I move the posts about Fusos for sale to that area?

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
The first time I ran into this listing a couple years ago, the price was $31K.

I still think $28.5K is overpriced, but these guys obviously are not in a hurry to sell them. If they get to $20K, I'll buy one.

Hey if you are willing to go to 20K, I will through in the other 8 and we can take them home! (seeing as there are two for that price... wink wink):wings:

Yeah, I agree, that sounds like a fairly high price, but they would be nice to own I think.

engineer

Adventurer
Hey Pete,
That looks like one of the gold coasters that TP Oceania ran here when Baz was in charge.
Baz reckons he got rid of them at the right time, Ours (649) are about to clock up the 400 sometime this year, and I can still make them pay.
Would certainly be an interesting proposition, they never got hard work in Cairns....
Chock

whatcharterboat

9219932.jpg

Wow Pete. Good find. That's one of the Mother Geese. The turbos back then were done by Superior Turbos up in Toowoomba. That wouldn't be a bad thing to buy. I can't remember if it had the long span springs or not . I'll see if anyone else at work can remember. I have a photo somewhere of MG-04 on singles with Cooper Discovers on them.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

He would have thousands

Probably. We've got hundreds of old photographs at work too. Heaps of photos of early Canter suspensions and buses, etc. I'll have to start scanning them all one day. Just finding the time........ I have a feeling Chocko has more than he's letting on too.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Yeah. How cool are the wipers on the quarter windows? Haha.

Its been around for a while. IIRC A guy rang us up about a year ago asking for a quote on a camper conversion for it. Guess he had the same idea as every one here too.

%21B1mujkQB2k%7E$%28KGrHqMOKjcE%29d0zTnIUBMfIyZzDmQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles