Nissan Juke

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Rumors are circulating that Nissan engineers have shoehorned the 400+ HP V6 and all wheel drive from the Nissan GT-R under the Juke bodywork. Sounds like they want to go rally racing in Europe. Details coming next week.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/09/officially-confirmed-nissan-preparing.html

My daily email from Autoweek said they were building 2 of them with the GTR drivetrain.

My wife really likes the Juke and would like to replace her '04 Escape with one next year. Her Escape has been a great vehicle with 215k on it. I told her the Juke is smaller but will have more get up and go and probably knock down a little better mileage.

Anyone drive one yet?

Jrally

Adventurer
Certainly not production type fabricating, lots of custom work to make it fit. I love it though, right up my alley...

-Jon

CMiller

Adventurer
It looks like a clown car... just awful! Sure one could argue mechanical potential but I just couldn't sleep at night knowing that foul looking putrescence was in my garage. I think I'm just stuck with the nice boxy square lines of the 80's.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
It's looks are certainly polarizing. It's not too great on gas either, despite its 25/30 EPA rating. I barely got 20 MPG during my week with the Juke.

- Andy

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
It's looks are certainly polarizing. It's not too great on gas either, despite its 25/30 EPA rating. I barely got 20 MPG during my week with the Juke.

- Andy

I am guessing it is a similar situation to when I had my '02 WRX new that was supposed to get @ 24 mpg. I couldn't keep my foot out of the turbo thus the real mileage was @15.

Frankspinz

Adventurer
I like it when a manufacturer does something different. So it's no surprise I love the Juke. It is a little small for my needs a too expensive. I test drove one and must say it is a lovely spirited drive. The interior is as funky as the exterior and some thecnical elements are radical also ... It is a hate it or love it !

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Bummer, I like the looks of it. I'd like to see one with a roof rack and 2 boats. Our 08 CRV get 25 mpg on average.

Really, I loved driving it, even thought it had the CVT. If you could get it with AWD and a manual transmission, I would consider selling body parts for one. Okay, maybe not, but it would be more desirable. Really fun, different ride.

- Andy

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Just so everyone is aware, the Juke platform is the same as what is used in the Versa. I got my wife a brand new Versa in 08 (thats what she wanted) and the car is a piece of junk. Drivetrain problems, fuel system problems, electrical problems, horrible rattles, and the suspension components are flimsy. I would highly recommend staying away from any vehicle based off of this platform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles