out with the old in with the new

adam88

Explorer
The kitchen is really nice. I love that undermount kitchen sink and the wood cover for it. Of course you did this all yourself? Good job brother!

Reebavic

Freedom
Read the Whole tread!!! Not sure which one I envy more, the build up or the trips! Guess what, how about both! Inspiration!!! Tks for sharing your fortune!!!

westyss

Explorer
Upper cabs. Sweet. That's one of my pet peeves...I like lifting roof designs, but they always seem to be short on upper cabs.

You are right and its because they are mounted to the roof and have to be out of the way of the interface between the roof and walls that makes them a pain, I still need to get some internal baffles so that the stuff in them doesn't go all over the place but its a welcome bit of light stuff storage for sure.

westyss

Explorer
Just made it through the entire thread. Awesome work!

I might have missed this, but did you remove the stainless slides? I thought they are between the moving parts, but don't see them any more.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comment, the slides are still there, maybe you saw a pic of the door side of the camper where there are no slides.

westyss

Explorer
The kitchen is really nice. I love that undermount kitchen sink and the wood cover for it. Of course you did this all yourself? Good job brother!

We really like the kitchen, works well for us and we have just finished living in it for seven months. Sink and wood are the most inexpensive bits, I think the sink is an IKEA bar sink and the wood is that cheap laminated pine shelving you find at Home Depot that was epoxied....it was meant for a short term of duty but it has stayed!! And yeah all done myself, thanks brother!

almac

just finished reading this entire thread today and all I can say is... wow. totally amazing.
just heard about the mitsu fuso a few days ago and am impressed.
I REALLY need to have a closer look! :)

I noticed a lot of BC pics and places in your posts. if you ever get to the central Okanagan, please look me up as I would like to see your amazing truck in person! :)

westyss

Explorer
Getting around to posting a few images of our recent trip in no particular order.

32794909153_d576b2d09b_c.jpg

33568160116_bb12f1da0a_c.jpg

33479739521_44b3e162be_c.jpg

33452257582_417b98960c_c.jpg

32766228764_f14059b8b5_c.jpg

32795142373_d3aaa11dc5_c.jpg

32795154353_6c48d2d2a8_c.jpg

Last edited:

westyss

Explorer
just finished reading this entire thread today and all I can say is... wow. totally amazing.
just heard about the mitsu fuso a few days ago and am impressed.
I REALLY need to have a closer look! :)

I noticed a lot of BC pics and places in your posts. if you ever get to the central Okanagan, please look me up as I would like to see your amazing truck in person! :)

Thanks, yeah we go to the interior a few times a year, mostly Armstrong area if you are near there, passing through this year on a partial x-Canada trip in July.

Ramdough

Adventurer
Do you have any more recent info on your motorcycle and rack? It looks different from what I remember.

Truck looks awesome.

westyss

Explorer
Do you have any more recent info on your motorcycle and rack? It looks different from what I remember.

Truck looks awesome.

Nope, no motorcycle or rack for it.......just our pedal bikes on the back with the old set up.

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
That, sir, was a great read - from the technical build info, to the quality work, to the great outdoor shots... thank you for taking the time to do this.

Waaaay back in there, you showed your long pipe cheater and breaker bar for lug nuts. You mentioned, perhaps, needing a 1-inch breaker. I did the same thing, at first, on our rig and damn near killed my back. Then I found one a torque multiplier and now my 110-pound wife can break the lug nuts free. One of these sets now rides in a side compartment. I got it through the Amazons and it's the best $90 I've spent in a long time.

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 9.33.14 AM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior