Winter Traverse

sinuhexavier

Explorer
Not sure I would want to venture there in the winter....

The only times you really don't want to be there are:

Easter Jeep Safari - Easter Week
Cruise Moab - Spring
Land Rover National Rally - Usually every 2-3 years in the early fall

I've been in town during all three events at one time or another and the desert is decidedly much nicer when they are not in town. While I do think they have their place, it's just a personal preference to avoid Moab during those events.

This was an unusual storm that blew through, like most weather the past year. The Colorado Plateau is strikingly beautiful during the winter months adding a different color to the already sharp contrasts of the red rocks and cobalt sky. The sun low in the sky also means better light for longer times. The most redeeming quality is the lack of people, not that I don't like people, I just like them a whole lot more when they are not around.

sinuhexavier

Explorer
4172619807_4caeb8c104_b.jpg

4172628495_1200b38fb5_b.jpg

4173387190_dbbcdca065_b.jpg

dbreid

Adventurer
Link to the show?

Anyone have a link to the show where this aired? Is it posted anywhere? I don't have a TV or (obviously) cable, so I missed it.

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Too funny!! I seriously just watched this Dangerous Drives show again on my plane ride to Atlanta this morning, probably for the 10th time. I seriously was wondering after watching it again if "photos" of this adventure were ever posted somewhere and thanks to Sinuhe and me searching Google for something totally different on AEV, I just found this tread..! Very cool! Thanks Sinuhe for posting. I know I'm a little late to the show. It's 12/22/2015, over FIVE years after the most recent post to this thread... :bike_rider:

GREAT PHOTOS!!

Thanks, Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles