Big Rigs Breaking down in other countries

dzzz

I really like his newer truck. If a cab/chassis like that was sold in the U.S. there would be many more full expedition rigs like his here.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I really like his newer truck. If a cab/chassis like that was sold in the U.S. there would be many more full expedition rigs like his here.

I honestly doubt it...that more would sell here in the USA.
#1 We have plenty of paved roads, lots and lots of paved roads. We have campgrounds with paved sites. There just isn't the need for a large 4wd RV as seen by low sales volume from those that make them in the USA.
#2 The selling price of these compared to other options in the USA like a fully decked out class A.
#3 Big Fat Family of Four here vs Euro standard 2 person builds.
#4 Fear...fear of Mexico where there is more dirt, fear of remote areas where our media tells us things on 4 legs will eat you, things on 2 legs will stab/rob/rape you and things with lots of legs will crawl in your ear and lay eggs.
#5 Vacation time...yeah we have beat that horse to death
and more....

Honestly it just comes down to the fact that there are fundamental differences in the USA/Euro market and our best option is to let rigs get to 25yrs then bring them over.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Would have to disagree with you there. There are PLENTY of places in the CONUS to take a vehicle like that.

Oh I didn't mean to say that there are places to take it...hey I live in the desert southwest.
My point is that a ton of those places also have paved roads with KOA campgrounds very near by so that folks can just buy a comfy class A and tow a jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior