E series Slider with a Powered Step is way cool

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Ok I am back from Utah and visiting with Rock Slide Engineering (the guys at Mount Logan Offroad). I have to say that these Sliders with a Powered step are not only fully functional but also look really nice.
The build quality is top notch, they are well secured to the body with 2 mounting strips and about 14 bolts so no chance they will bend or fall off I think.
They included a switch which lets you disable the slider in case you are somewhere off chamber, near a ledge or any other reason you might need to NOT have the step deploy.
Granted I have only had them on for a couple of days buy I like them more and more each time I get in or out of the van.
I put together a demo video and before anyone comments I will go ahead and address the 1 pressing issue....speed. The guys are aware that these are slower than they would like but in order to get a faster (and equally strong) motor it requires a custom batch. So as soon as they see there is enough interest they will order the faster motors and you will get a killer setup.
Enjoy the demo
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOwzQBihwc"]YouTube- RockSlideEngineeringPowerStepSlidersDE.wmv[/ame]

Adventurerider

Adventurer
I'll 2nd that, Very, Very cool, I'll be giving them a call since there only 25 minutes from my house, I've been looking for just this and have called some others around here (UT) looking for someone to make me a set. I didn't have much luck until I spoke to Derek at CCV.
Thanks for sharing

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Excellent work on the video Lance! I've seen these sliders before...a must have for anybody over...say..25. Now, if they only made one for a pre-92 E series...

Hint Hint Wink Wink.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Ok back from 8 days of 4wding in colorado and I gotta say that even considering these are the first set made I am very very happy.
2 days rain
plenty of mud
a number of water crossings that completely covered them
constant use on both sides every day
use of the cutoff switch a ton
plenty of rocks but no hard core rock sliding yet

They only issue (and Rock Slide knows it) is the motor speed, however the great news is that they can get a faster motor as soon as they know there is enough interest to have a custom batch made.

Cost per my chats with them might be between $2500-$3000 which when compared to the other "power steps" that are NOT sliders is a great deal. of course DE gets nothing out of all this (although I would love to talk them into maybe a cut of the first 100 pair for the non-profit :)

The are heavy steel with black powder coating that seems like it will hold up well.
I will get some more pics up now that they are dirty & used :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior