Might be getting a mitsu....

fowldarr

Explorer
So, here is the deal. I'm a landcruiser guy. Don't hate me. But I've seen a couple pics of some of y'alls mitsu's and y'all got me thinking that the difference in price makes up a lot of wanted mods. In fact my buddy that owns the ford lot in town has a used Montero Sport sitting on his lot right now that is in beautiful shape. So, I'm reading threads, but anything I should know? Any other websites that are really beneficial for mitu's? You guys tell me.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Look for a '99-2000 full-size Montero. This was also available with a factory locker in the rear, but if you can't find one, don't sweat it. Get the one in the best shape. ARBs are available for both axles.

speedtre

Explorer
Haven't quite adjusted to the looks of the fullsize montero's....

I'm looking for a Montero as well. I personally prefer the early 2nd generation '96 and 97 full size Monteros. my understanding is that the full-size Monteros are much more off-road capable than the Sports. The full-size Montero SRs usually have rear-lockers, but the 2000 model did not.

I'm a Toyota guy too and the interior fit and finish of the Monteros I've looked at did not compare that great with Toyota quality (but they aren't Toyota priced either!), but when I looked underneath the Montero, I was very impressed with how solid and strong the running gear looked. It was very beefy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior