2011 Kona 24 Hours of Old Pueblo

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
UPDATED: 2/15/2011

The Overland Journal Adventure Bicycle Team is geared up and ready to take on the 2011 Kona 24 Hours of Old Pueblo! This is the second year Overland Journal has participated in this excellent event.

Team Overland Journal - 4 Person Open Men:
Scott (expeditionswest) Team Captain
Mike (trailsurfer)
Jim (1speed)
Travis (SafariPacific)

Team Overland Journal - Solo Male Singlespeed:

Christophe Noel (Flounder - me)

The action starts at high noon on Saturday (19th) and concludes at noon on Sunday. This is a fantastic event for racers and spectators alike, so come out and enjoy the fun. There will be a good group of fellow overlanders in the camp to help stoke the fire and cheer on the riders.

-------------------------------
Registration for the 2011 Kona 24 Hours of Old Pueblo opens on October, 1st. So, who's in?

www.epicrides.com

:bike_rider: :wings:

Last edited:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Of course, but MUST FOCUS on the current Epic Rides race. 60 miles of the White Mountains this weekend on the SS. :bike_rider:

Then I'm all about the 24HOP!!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I've always wanted to do this one along with Dawn to Dusk.
Dawn to Dusk is a fun ride, but the course makes me batty after a few laps. It's pretty flat, not technical, and by the time you ride those water bars for the Xth time, you want to swerve into the cactus. :)

Dawn to Dust is a great event. I'll be there again this year. Old Pueblo is on another level entirely. That's not an event. That's a full blown mountain bike circus complete with a big top. You should go.

SOAZ

Headed down to our camp on the corner of Epic Rides Blvd and 91.3KXCI Ave.
Good luck everyone. Bring yer floaties.
:bike_rider:

SOAZ

Great riding team OJ and everyone else.
Great riding Christophe and Steve! You solo nut jobs! I shall now call you sixth place Steve.

Travis, sounds like you had the most epic lap. So gnarly! Hope you're feeling better!

After I came by came drinking my breakfast beer we had a team member wuss out so I mounted back up and did one more lap with a gut full of beer and tri-tip. I've never earned an hour and fourteen minutes so hard.

tmac

Adventurer
Good job to all who showed up and dealt with the not so nice weather. It was windy and cold Friday, then really windy, cold, and rainy on Saturday.
I left Saturday shortly before Scott came back from his lap. As I was leaving the rain came in just in time for Travis to start his lap:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior