2011 Kona 24 Hours of Old Pueblo

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
What a great weekend! The OJ Team did extremely well, and that includes more than just those team members on bicycles. We all owe a big thank you to the Overland Gourmet duo of Zach and Jon for keeping us well fed the entire time. Heidi, Dave and Jeremy were fun and very helpful as camp support.

As mentioned above, Travis (safaripacific) put in the ride of the weekend enduring horrible wind, rain, mud, flats, all in total darkness. He gets the tough guy award, hands down. Everyone did really well. Trailsurfer posted the fastest lap proving you can go plenty fast on a diet of fruits and nuts.

Thanks again to Overland Journal and Overland Gourmet.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
By the way, as a solo I got passed a zillion times with no issue. On the final lap I finally bumped handlebars with a rider trying to pass me - Nice pass, SOAZ.
:bike_rider:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
By the way, as a solo I got passed a zillion times with no issue. On the final lap I finally bumped handlebars with a rider trying to pass me - Nice pass, SOAZ.
:bike_rider:

Ya know, sometimes people just wont get out of the way!! :bike_rider:

That was my, "I shouldn't be out here" lap. I was packed up and ready to relax, but when a team member wusses out, ya gotta go do another. So I went. And on that pass I inched closer to you as a cactus was staring me down. Haha! :victory:

1speed

Explorer
It was a hoot in spite of the weather! A good time was had by all. Great food, awesome massages, and cool people.

Even though we sent Travis out in the worst of the weather :sport_box he came back smiling!

It was a great team effort, thanks to everybody for making my trip out there worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000