Gen 3 Under body Protection

ahmetclayton

Hi Everybody,

A good friend of mine in Australia has started exporting under body protection equipment. This is high quality equipment specifically built for Gen 3 NM/NP Vehicles. The prices are listed below:

Intercooler and Sump Guard Combo = $600 aud
Transmission Guard = $450 aud
Rock Sliders/Side Steps = $1000 aud

To view the pictures for these items or to check out other items you can view the web site at:

http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

For any questions or to place an order please contact Kieron Pearce at

bushskinz4x4@live.com

*Prices are in Australian Dollars and include shipping and handling. To convert to U.S Dollars you can use the link below*

http://www.xe.com/

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Clay, how do you know Kieron (Pearcie)?

I've spoken to him a few times before. He definitely seems to have some nice products.

ahmetclayton

I actually haven't had the chance to meet Kieron in person. My cousin who lives in Sydney, Australia knows him and told me Kieron was the guy to talk to about Pajero's. I e-mailed him a couple months back to get some info on HD Springs and we have been in touch since then. I was talking to him about opening a Bushskinz branch in the U.S but due to the limited number of Montero owners we pretty much decided it wouldn't be worth the investment. If you are ever interested in his products I'm sure he would be great help. My cousin had the 3.2 Diesel Pajero with Bushskinz under body protection and side bars and he was quite happy with them.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I actually haven't had the chance to meet Kieron in person. My cousin who lives in Sydney, Australia knows him and told me Kieron was the guy to talk to about Pajero's. I e-mailed him a couple months back to get some info on HD Springs and we have been in touch since then. I was talking to him about opening a Bushskinz branch in the U.S but due to the limited number of Montero owners we pretty much decided it wouldn't be worth the investment. If you are ever interested in his products I'm sure he would be great help. My cousin had the 3.2 Diesel Pajero with Bushskinz under body protection and side bars and he was quite happy with them.

Small world. Yes, Kieron was very helpful and answered all of my questions about the Lovell's springs/ Bilstein shocks that are so popular in Australia.

Also, I noticed that you had Tyler, TX listed yesterday as your location, but I now see San Marcos. How long were you in Tyler? I grew up just south of there on Lake Palestine.

ahmetclayton

I was born in Tyler but my parents and I moved to Turkey when I was 5 due to my parents jobs. I came back to Tyler about 2 years ago to attend TJC (I'm guessing you know about it) and most of the family still lives there. I recently moved to San Marcos to attend Texas State University to finish off my last 2 years. If you are ever in the Austin area please let me know. It would be a pleasure to meet you and see that good looking vehicle of yours in person. btw I also had a long chat about the Lovell's with Kieron and finally settled on the Lovell's HD Springs and the OME Nitrocharger Sport Shocks. He sent them last week so I should hopefully be receiving them sometime this week or the beginning of next week. Can't wait to see how they look. He promised me 3" lift so we will see what happens.

Aaron, I'm not sure about the fuel tank guard. If I'm not mistaken he should already have one made. Maybe it's just not listed on the site. I'm not sure. But if you shoot him an e-mail he can give you more info about it.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Not trying to bust someones sale here but you guys should know skids are super easy to make and would be less expensive to have them made locally. On top of that shipping steel plate gets pricey, i offered skid plates a few years ago through RockRash Offroad but shipping was too much so i would have had to basically given them away in order to make them affordable. If any of you guys decide to make them or have them made let me know i can fill you in on what you're gonna want to do.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I was born in Tyler but my parents and I moved to Turkey when I was 5 due to my parents jobs. I came back to Tyler about 2 years ago to attend TJC (I'm guessing you know about it) and most of the family still lives there. I recently moved to San Marcos to attend Texas State University to finish off my last 2 years. If you are ever in the Austin area please let me know. It would be a pleasure to meet you and see that good looking vehicle of yours in person. btw I also had a long chat about the Lovell's with Kieron and finally settled on the Lovell's HD Springs and the OME Nitrocharger Sport Shocks. He sent them last week so I should hopefully be receiving them sometime this week or the beginning of next week. Can't wait to see how they look. He promised me 3" lift so we will see what happens.

Aaron, I'm not sure about the fuel tank guard. If I'm not mistaken he should already have one made. Maybe it's just not listed on the site. I'm not sure. But if you shoot him an e-mail he can give you more info about it.

Small world indeed. I want to see your truck with the Lovells installed. I've always heard and read excellent things about those springs. I think you made the right choice with the new OME shocks. I'm going to those soon as well.

ahmetclayton

No worries Tony. I will definitely let you know and post some pics when I get them installed. I agree with you about the OME's. Even though Bilstein is a good company I would trust the OME's with my life. My dad has OME HD setup on his Land Rover Defender 110 and that truck has been to hell and back with those springs with 0 failure. Also would you happen to know how much it would cost to get them installed approximately? I'm not sure if I should trust just any mechanic on installing these. I unfortunately do not have the space,tools or time to do it myself. So I was wondering if you had any recommendations?

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
No worries Tony. I will definitely let you know and post some pics when I get them installed. I agree with you about the OME's. Even though Bilstein is a good company I would trust the OME's with my life. My dad has OME HD setup on his Land Rover Defender 110 and that truck has been to hell and back with those springs with 0 failure. Also would you happen to know how much it would cost to get them installed approximately? I'm not sure if I should trust just any mechanic on installing these. I unfortunately do not have the space,tools or time to do it myself. So I was wondering if you had any recommendations?

I don't have a recommendation for a mechanic in San Marcos. In Tyler, I would recommend going to see Joe at the Try Us at 155/ Loop 323.

I would think any decent suspension shop could do it. It's very straight forward. I was surprised at how easy it is. The struts have to be assembled for the front. So, the only trick there is making marks on the spring caps before disassembling the stock struts (not sure what they're called) to align them with the shock or you'll have to re-compress to align the shock properly.

The other trick is that the air-intake and batteries have to be removed to have access to the top of the shock tower inside the engine bay. Again, not a big deal, they just need to make sure they put everything back the way they found it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne