AZ- Wingshooting anyone?

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Just thought I'd see who is going to eat some tasty Quail or Dove :drool: this season? I barely have time to sleep these days, but I am REALLY trying to make an effort to get out and do some hunting this season.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I was just looking at the late season quail forecast, and late season dove is inviting too!

BTW Scott, there's a great spot for quail just outside of Cordes Junction.

-H-

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Well cool, sounds like some of us will have to get out there. I'd like to do an overnight camping too if it works out. Nothing like taking your own dinner down, at around breakfast hour.

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
I'm in! Just got back from shooting pheasants yesterday in ID! Hardest pen raised fliers I've ever hunted.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

F5driver

Adventurer
Lots of quail this year. Hopefully the population will continue to recover. The hunting was very good compared to the past couple of years.

chrslefty

Observer
I got to go on my first quail and dove this year. Lots of fun dove was tasty and I haven’t tried the quail yet. There were a couple of big cubbies down in Florence. Fish and game says that jack corner is supposed to be the hot spot.
was quit the work out for the quail and I suck at off hand shooting I only got two for about 4 hours worth of work . But I’ve had a blast so far.
Anyone have some good quail recipes?
Found the trick with dove is to soak them for 3 day in salt water, chaning it daily .and then wrapping in tinfoil and covering with bbq sauce .and turning a few time on the grill. They were a big hit at my bbq party.
Have fun and happy hunting

MatthewThompson

Adventurer
I've always wanted to try upland bird hunting. Have done plenty of duck hunting as we're on the Atlantic flyway.

Of course, I've always wanted to set some time aside to learn to properly flyfish too. :eek:rngartis

Chazz Layne

Administrator
Anyone have some good quail recipes?
Found the trick with dove is to soak them for 3 day in salt water, chaning it daily .and then wrapping in tinfoil and covering with bbq sauce .and turning a few time on the grill. They were a big hit at my bbq party.

Mine rarely last that long. They usually get cleaned, wrapped in bacon, and tossed onto the frying pan while they are still warm. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles