4Runner vs LR4 Help

cbboard

Thanks everyone for all of the great information. So my wife and I just purchased an LR4 yesterday mainly based on past experience and cost. Our plan is to use it over the next year or two, and if we really do a decent amount of overlanding then purchase a new 4Runner to build a really nice rig in 2021 or 2022. Any idea when the 6th generation 4Runner is expected? Thanks again!

phsycle

Adventurer
Thanks everyone for all of the great information. So my wife and I just purchased an LR4 yesterday mainly based on past experience and cost. Our plan is to use it over the next year or two, and if we really do a decent amount of overlanding then purchase a new 4Runner to build a really nice rig in 2021 or 2022. Any idea when the 6th generation 4Runner is expected? Thanks again!

That was the right move. Toyota *may* be more reliable, but power, amenities, ride, stock offroad prowess, etc. would have had you wanting if you went with a 4Runner.

cbboard

Appreciate the comment. There is always the concern about Rover gremlins. We got a very fair price on a 2013 in the exact spec we wanted with the HD package which includes a rear locker. We are pretty pumped. Will post a pic when it gets here.

LionZoo

Observer
Rumor has it the next 4Runner is due in 2022 or 2023. It's certainly an old platform and Toyota is in the process of revamping all their trucks to be on the new TNGA-F platform. However, the new Tundra will be launched first, then the new Land Cruiser. The new 4Runner will be after them, but before the new Tacoma, which is rumored to come in the middle of the decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12