4x4 Class B RV Airstream B190 - $55,000 (Naples, FL)

BeardedTacoma

Not mine, just sharing...

4x4 1997 Airstream B190 with 106k miles

This van has undergone some serious upgrades! 4x4 conversion done by Ujoint Offroad in North Carolina and inside renovation done by Classic Coach Works in Ormond Beach who custom renovate many different Airstreams.

4x4 conversion done by U-Joint Offroad in 2021:
-6 inch lift
-Transmission Rebuild
-Fox Shocks
-Toyo Open Country A/T III Tires
-Front Bumper with flood lights
-Aluminess Rear Bumper with storage box, swing arm for bike rack, lights, and LED License plate light
-On board air system for filling up flats, port on front and back bumper (Detachable air hose included)

Work done by Classic Coach works of Ormond Beach, FL 2020
-Solar Power: 2 100-watt and 2 55-watt flexible panels, with Go Power! PWM-30-UL solar controller in back closet (Controller pairs to phone app via Bluetooth and can show current battery levels and power flow)
-Added 3 Napa AGM batteries with housing in back closet
-New Maxxfan Deluxe 6200K up front and Maxxfan Dome Plus in bathroom
-New vinyl floors, and newly reupholstered sofa, driver and passenger seats, and loft mattress pads.
-Voyager backup camera (Very useful while driving since rearview mirror can be hard to use)
-Custom curtains to block out entire windshield and every window

Other info, upgrades & features:
-New Vantage Optics headlights
-Original air conditioner works great and blows cold air, cools the unit down well (needs generator or shore power)
-Original Onan MicroLite 2800 generator: Only 58 hours on the unit, it works inconsistently and is definitely loud from the outside of the van. Could probably be serviced with the right mechanic, or removed for more storage space.
-Stock power converter recently replaced with Progressive Dynamics PD4635V
-New Whirlpool microwave
-New Sony XAV-AX1000 Stereo with mic for
-All 6 speakers in the van have been replaced and sound great
-New jack included
-Water fill access and water heater vent doors replaced

Known Problems:
-Electrical is spotty! This has been my biggest issue since owning the van. Sometimes the batteries and solar are all working flawlessly, providing plenty of power to run fans and lights inside the van to keep it comfortable. And then sometimes the back batteries become disconnected from the system and I’m unable to run much. This is a very frustrating issue I would have liked to have figured out by Classic Coach Works, who installed the solar and much of the battery systems, but I live too far away from them to effectively have it serviced by them. I’ve had a local RV technician look at it but without previous knowledge of how the whole system works it just seems to be a fruitless labor charge until they get a grasp on the schematics of it all… I think this issue is probably fairly simple when one finds what/where it is, and could likely be troubleshooted by the next owner if they’re savvy with electric and solar. This is the most pressing issue the van has, preventing confident boondocking. All electronics in the van work flawlessly when hooked up to shore power.
-Propane tank has leak on service valve, probably needs to be replaced entirely.
-Water and propane systems haven't been used much in last couple years and functionality is unknown.
-Cruise control stopped working in the past 5,000 miles or so.
-Wall panel damage behind sofa. It seems to be water damage although I have not personally felt the area wet. Windows were resealed by Classic Coach Works so it may have been a leak before that.
-Fussy generator, can’t always depend on it running consistently.
-Center console latch won’t hold
-Drawers have some issues (tracks and latches always breaking and needing replaced, have replacement latches to replace as they break)
-Rear door has to be opened from inside (likely needs cable replacement on inside of door, common issue, new cables have been installed recently on side door from same issue)

The V10 engine runs great and strong, has been well maintained with most receipts available. It is a pleasure to drive down the road, and the difference in driving after the Ujoint conversion is night and day. Whereas before it took a lot of focus and white knuckling down the road, now it just glides and really lives up to the “Cream Puff” nickname given to the build by Ujoint. When Chris at Ujoint first picked me up from the airport in North Carolina I nearly panicked when he went down the first stretch of road and took a corner faster than I’d ever dream of going, but the van handled it like it was nothing! Besides the solar and electrical issues that might prevent a few basic things from working (like fans and inside lights), I’d feel confident that the van is ready to drive anywhere in the US to its next home.

00303_9fcoVMq2p9f_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior