00-04 Xterra seats: COMFY???

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Calling all Xterra owners...Could you guys please give me some feed back on weather you think the '00-04 seats are comfy? Have you been happy with the ride and durability...how are long drives? How supportive are they in the off road? Please drop me any opinions...Thanks!!!

I'll throw this out there. It all depends on you. I say that because I've always been a fan of Japanese 4x4s however, never a fan of their seats. My theory is that the seats are designed for guys who weigh a buck 20. So i find being in the 190-200lbs range that they sometimes get uncomfortable. That being said the Nissan seats in my '02 X have been decent compared to other import trucks i've owned and not bad on long hauls. They definitely are not great for offroading but much better than the BJ40 Land Cruiser i had. :elkgrin:

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Keep It coming...!

Thanks all! Good intel so far. I found a real nice set of heated leather ones for sale for not a pile of cash...and since the seats in my jeep are mis-matched...thought I could make it look better and get warm buns too...:elkgrin:

holidaynation

Observer
I'll throw this out there. It all depends on you. I say that because I've always been a fan of Japanese 4x4s however, never a fan of their seats. My theory is that the seats are designed for guys who weigh a buck 20. So i find being in the 190-200lbs range that they sometimes get uncomfortable. That being said the Nissan seats in my '02 X have been decent compared to other import trucks i've owned and not bad on long hauls. They definitely are not great for offroading but much better than the BJ40 Land Cruiser i had. :elkgrin:

Dave speaks the truth, they could certainly have a little more support for off road. I have fully adjustable(albeit manually) heated seats(after market heat package) in my 04. The lumbar is nice but could adjust further out would be nice. I put a lot of miles on at a time, and as long as I don't have anything in my rear pockets don't find the seats insufferable. With a lift, it is not uncommon to crush the driver's side support over time.

red_5

Adventurer
I find the factory seats to be fairly decent. Not race or buggy seats for sure, but they work fine for me and don't kill me on a haul.

:coffeedrink:

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys...

Well,
I bite the bullet and ordered them. They are from an '03 and are Black and gray heated leather. They look real clean in the pics so this should be interesting...Not sure what I will do with the included rear set up but for 350 including shipping I couldn't resist. If nothing else they are 20 years younger than my current seats! Haha...
Holidaynation-How do you like the heat part? Do they do a pretty good job? And were they on a timer or is it an off/hi/lo switch? These come with the wiring and switches so that may make it a little easier to put them in my jeep?
Not sure what to do about seatbelts yet...

It would probably make much more sense to just use the Jeep set up for your belts. Not sure how the female end of a Jeep belt is mounted but you may have to do some modifications.

I wonder if a safety harness set up is possible in your Jeep? :D

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Options...

I think it should be pretty straight forward. I may be able to remobe the female Nissan end that is part of the seat. The Jeep mounts its female one to the floor. Don't think it will be a huge hassle...and keeping it simple is the way to go.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Pics and a Q...

So I'm gonna try and upload the pics via my computer ineptness...Wish me luck. So I have two randumb(?) questions...
Since these are black/grey leather...and most of my hee...er, Jeep is Blue (yea 80s!) would it even be possible (or wise?) to have these dyed?
Also, since I ended up with the rear seat as well..any chance that is heated too? Strange I know and I really never plan on carrying more than one more passanger but still..thought I'd ask?
Arghhh...no joy on the pics...

Ok jeepdreamer, you're killing me!!! :)
I've been looking for those exact seats for awhile with no luck. And now you
want to dye them!!! For the love of god man just go with it or paint
the Jeep!! Or sell them and get some out of an R50/R51 Pathfinder where they are plentiful!!!

You may have to load your pics onto an account like photobucket in order to then load them on this site.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
So I'm gonna try and upload the pics via my computer ineptness...Wish me luck. So I have two randumb(?) questions...
Since these are black/grey leather...and most of my hee...er, Jeep is Blue (yea 80s!) would it even be possible (or wise?) to have these dyed?
Also, since I ended up with the rear seat as well..any chance that is heated too? Strange I know and I really never plan on carrying more than one more passanger but still..thought I'd ask?
Arghhh...no joy on the pics...

Dying? Probably not worth the effort. At best you'd end up with a very dark blue. However, talk to a custom upholstery shop. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

As for the pics, you need to find a photo host. Flickr, Photobucket, or others work just fine. Once you do that and upload the pics there you can post them here. When you're looking at the pic and hover your cursor over it it'll bring up a set of 4 different kinds of potential links. Copy the IMG one and paste that here. Viola, pics for everyone to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier