electric zodi shower head modification

bandit455

I have the electric zodi shower pump, looks like this

G-10795.gif

I am wondering if its okay to put a kitchen sink sprayer style head on it so I dont have to constantly hit the on/off button for the pump. will the pump be okay with that kind of back pressure, or am I just asking for pump failures? I know this style sprayer is common with alot of shower builds, and some guys have converted their pump zodi extreme's to use them.

any helpful advice?

thanks

AKRover

Adventurer
I have learned the hard way that if the water is not constantly circulating through the heat exchanger you will end up with a steam shower and a melted hose. What I do is just leave the bucket of shower water in the shower enclosure with me and when I'm not using the water I drop the shower head in the bucket and let it recirculate.

That little pump doesn't seem very heavy duty to me and I would be worried about burning it up. The push button shower sparer works good on the extreme because it's operated off air pressure.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
What I do is just leave the bucket of shower water in the shower enclosure with me and when I'm not using the water I drop the shower head in the bucket and let it recirculate.
Same here. And on really cold mornings it's a good way to get the water warmer.

Even if you're not using it with a heater I'd still be concerned about the pump.
If you really want it on and off, I'd just make a foot operated switch inline between the battery pack and pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior