Camping gaz groenland ctl 350, should i buy it???

Dakodu

i can get this cooler really cheap, 3way, 33 liters, it´s like 10 years old but has barely been used and it´s in perfect condition, no scratches, no rust, nothing. i´m from Chile and we don´t see many coolers like this for sale here (never even seen one for sale)
i want to use it for a future camper, but i don´t know if it can make it fit nice.
it´s an absorption fridge, not a compressor, is that ok or not?
Here are some pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.twistedandes.com/foro/attachment.php?attachmentid=85695&d=1274909182[/IMG

i know it´s not intended to work on a camper, but it´s cheap, so the question is, can it be used in a camper? would it work in movement? what about working angles? should i be worried about parking in perfect flat places? any experience with this kind of coolers?
Thanks, if i get this i´ll start building a small camper for my dodge dakota.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
If the price is right buy it and try it out.
If it's anything like the 3way fridges in RV's up here it will work pretty well as long as you keep it fairly level most of the time.

If it doesn't work for a camper use it as a beer fridge in you TV room.

Dakodu

it seems that it´s the same as the dometic/waeco combicool rc 1600 egp, it has the same specs and it looks similar, any experience with those coolers???

gasman

Adventurer
by 3 way i assume you mean 12v 230v and propane ? i have a unit thats looks to be about the same ,, it works ok, but im not entirely happy with its performance,, if your gettin it cheap and plan to upgrade later then i say ok , i think i will be selling mine and getting a real fridge

Dakodu

by 3 way i assume you mean 12v 230v and propane ? i have a unit thats looks to be about the same ,, it works ok, but im not entirely happy with its performance,, if your gettin it cheap and plan to upgrade later then i say ok , i think i will be selling mine and getting a real fridge

It´s not cold enought? i´m scared mainly becouse of the working angles. does yours has to be perfectly level?
It´s actually not that chep, it´s chep for here, the smallest fridge, lets say us$600 would cost from us$1000 to us&1200 if i pay for shipping and taxes here. i can get this cooler for us$300, the equivalent here would cost us$900.
Thanks.

gasman

Adventurer
brand new i paid 285.00 plus tax, it works ok but barely, if it is full then the stuff stays cold, it is very slow to cool down and if you open it too often it looses temp quick, and it makes A LOT of carbon monoxide, use it only in a well ventilated area , not in a tent or camper, i leave mine outside and put some ratchet straps around it to keep the critters out, and then you have have to worry about covering it with a tarp or somthing to keep the rain off it, , like i said it works but there are better solutions,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior