RTT Accessory question...

wjeeper

Just a few things that have come to mind during my first few months with a RTT.....
  • Lighting-huge improvement! Makes life so much easier! A light for the ladder and the nearby ground makes those late night potty breaks a whole lot safer.
  • Somewhere to hang wet/ dirty shoes not inside the tent.
  • Maybe some type of 12 volt connection: Charging walkies, phones, GPS, watching movies in the tent on rainy days.....etc
  • A little wisk broom to clean anything tracked in
  • Some type of heat for chilly nights-In floor heat is a cool idea but adding a 12-volt heated mattress pad is a super easy addition and probably a more simple/ light weight opiton

Just my $0.02:sombrero:

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Just a few things that have come to mind during my first few months with a RTT.....
  • Lighting-huge improvement! Makes life so much easier! A light for the ladder and the nearby ground makes those late night potty breaks a whole lot safer.
  • Somewhere to hang wet/ dirty shoes not inside the tent.
  • Maybe some type of 12 volt connection: Charging walkies, phones, GPS, watching movies in the tent on rainy days.....etc
  • A little wisk broom to clean anything tracked in
  • Some type of heat for chilly nights-In floor heat is a cool idea but adding a 12-volt heated mattress pad is a super easy addition and probably a more simple/ light weight opiton
:.

Just my $0.02sombrero:
yes it would be nice but everything you listed could be added w/o adding
to the base price.....the more there is the more it cost. I'm sure you could add all those things w/ a little thought

wjeeper

everything you listed could be added w/o adding
to the base price.....the more there is the more it cost. I'm sure you could add all those things w/ a little thought

I agree completely! RTT's are already expensive and hard enough for many of us (me included) to justify as it is. Adding a few mods as the need arises sure softens the blow compared to paying for a "pimped out" tent up front.

In my case I addressed a few areas I thought needed improvement:
  • Lighting-$20ish LED strips stuck to the tent bows.....done
  • 12 volt-is easy as running a power wire from the vehicle to the tent (I used a 4 wire trailer harness that plugs into the jeep, individually fused of course:ylsmoke:)
  • Small broom-wisk broom/ dust pan, $5 at wally-world
  • Heat-$100ish 12 volt heating pad, some safety pins and plug it in (waiting on funds...)

I have thought about buying a cheap 12 volt fan to make camping in the summer a bit more pleasant. However I am looking into a dual battery set up for the fan/ mattress pad/ LED lighting......to ease my mind when leaving it on all night. Modifying it to your own needs certainly has its merits!

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
So if a quality RTT was offered with some of these accessories / features built into the base price, and the base price being competitive with the current Rtt's it could be a big plus and a possible game changer on which you purchased? I guess that's what they call more Bang for your Buck. Hummm,:coffee: Now ya got me thinking.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Interior lights are a must,not to bright maybe red for night vision and soft white or blue for just setting thing up.

wjeeper

Personally I used these lights:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Alpena-28-in-white-colorful-LED-light/_/N-25pw?counter=15&itemIdentifier=60068_0_0_

They are self adhesive and I used some split wire loom to run the wires down the tent bow. One strip was used in the tent and one in the changing room. Not a bad option for about $25! Bright enough to light up the tent interior but not so bright that it destroys your vision in the dark............one day I will have to post up a "modification" thread on my RTT so I can stop hijacking threads:sombrero: (thats if anybody is really interested)

My $.02

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Personally I used these lights:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Alpena-28-in-white-colorful-LED-light/_/N-25pw?counter=15&itemIdentifier=60068_0_0_

They are self adhesive and I used some split wire loom to run the wires down the tent bow. One strip was used in the tent and one in the changing room. Not a bad option for about $25! Bright enough to light up the tent interior but not so bright that it destroys your vision in the dark............one day I will have to post up a "modification" thread on my RTT so I can stop hijacking threads:sombrero: (thats if anybody is really interested)

My $.02
I am interested! If ya could post a pic or two here it would be wonderful.... :wings:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Here is what I came up with,from west marine I did a small mod to it and installed a off/on switch so no wires to run and a small 12v battery installed inside. Works great and waterproof. Will see how they work during the mojave rd trip in Nov.

Attachments

• DSC02318.JPG
    DSC02318.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC02319.JPG
    DSC02319.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 12

wjeeper

I am interested! If ya could post a pic or two here it would be wonderful.... :wings:

It might take me a bit. It rained non stop over the weekend......now I have to study for a big ol test (the NCEES fundementals of surveying exam) but I will get to it soon!

Not trying to leave you hanging!:elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne