'10 Tundra CrewMax

zidaro

Explorer
Got out into the desert over the Holiday week.
Had a blast, everything held up. Tuning and massaging still int he future.
Felt great with the camper and rig fully loaded, definitely is running a softer spring rate and much smoother ride. Handles the bumps MUCH better, though we didn't go out and hammer anything :) Heinous washboard is a non-issue now. With that comes some different handling that i will have to adjust to and dial in the tuning on- more sway with that softer ride for sure.
we mostly stuck to the primary backroads into Saline this trip so nothing burly.
Daughter drove most of the time :coffeedrink:

fullsizeoutput_6cee_zpsdavg09ph.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6d11_zpsqfegkx9p.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6cf7_zpssp2zj2eo.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6cf8_zpsqs3shs1l.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6d13_zpsgwikv71t.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6cf3_zpsh4cxzxu1.jpeg

zidaro

Explorer
Awesome build mate! Congrats! One question, Why the spring under? Forgive me i'm from florida ... :)

More progressive spring rate for a much better ride, allows for more up travel between frame and axle- including room for airbag and hydro bumps on top of axle. More droop. So overall more travel and a better ride.

and cuz i like to F with stuff ;)

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
More progressive spring rate for a much better ride, allows for more up travel between frame and axle- including room for airbag and hydro bumps on top of axle. More droop. So overall more travel and a better ride.

and cuz i like to F with stuff ;)

Plenty of reasons :) :)

zidaro

Explorer
Tundra Bumper fab time!
Long travel and 37”tires forcing me to do what I've wanted for a while. Ditch the heavy plate bumper and fab up my own! 150# up there without including the #60 of winch

xCVmgEyT2WdgSPUQnvILA_zpsqvak7q8t.jpg

EbAw3onLTWqLWUhgGuC9zA_zps3q4baa8j.jpg

nice n light up front without anything protecting it!

@dezerttoyfab getting me off to a good start with his sick diy bumper horns.
2” Dom and new crossmembers and lots of reinforcement coming soon.

So far just tacked up the horns to see where I might want them

IMG_6824_zpsuf4bwnyj.jpg

throw this in here too- picked up a dewalt portable band saw and the important part, a SWAG OFFROAD table for it!
http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-V30-Portaband-Table_p_55.html
Cuts 1/4" plate like butter (the thickest I've used it for so far) and precise. Way more precise than my dewalt 14" dry cut saw I've been using for ever, which i thought was awesome.
Such a sweet setup for a home shop. Excited for all the projects i will be using it for.

IMG_6828_zps5rw71aeb.jpg

zidaro

Explorer
slipped in a set of TotalChaosFab bed stiffeners this afternoon. Might as well, hopefully it is never a problem, but with the camper and gear in there ya never know how wild it can get!!
Simple install, followed their directions and went smooth as puddin.

IMG_6833_zpsoa8yvmu6.jpg

IMG_6834_zps31oa6rky.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior