'10 Tundra CrewMax

zidaro

Explorer
Hey zidaro.....Not sure if you have heard of these guys....they build really nice prerunners here in San Diego. James knows his stuff....he might be able to answer some questions....http://sdtruckshop.com

D

Heard of his shop. but no experiences. Ill poke around, thanks for the suggestion. Fab shops all seem to be somewhat protective of their knowledge and sharing it, since I'm not offering any $$ its understandable to a degree :)

Aaron's the name

16crewmax

We're on vacation here in mammoth and I saw your truck today the glass looks like it fit good. I've been trying to find a map of some local trails but haven't had any luck, everything is either hiking or mountain biking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zidaro

Explorer
We're on vacation here in mammoth and I saw your truck today the glass looks like it fit good. I've been trying to find a map of some local trails but haven't had any luck, everything is either hiking or mountain biking

Nice! great weather this week with the intermittent thunderstorms. So gorgeous.
Tons of forest service roads that head out across the valley and through the Glass Mountains. Head straight down 203 under 395, turn left before the Geothermal plant, road till dirt, then follow the obvious main dirt road till your lost for hours.
Or, head south on 395 to Benton Crossing Rd., NE from there around the back of Crowley lake to the rd. summit. At summit, turn L on dirt. Follow all the way across the Glass Mtns. to Mono Lake if you desire, or turn West once in the Glass and find yourselves heading to June area 395.
There are quite a few nice roads that head North out of Mammoth too, toward June along the West side of 395. Good place to start off is heading out the Scenic Loop about 4 miles there are dirt turnoffs to the left heading North.
Up to Minaret Vista and North on the dirt from there will give you million dollar views and a nice trail. Out and back.

Those should all keep you busy unless your looking for some rougher trails.
Id have a good forest service rd. map or use an app like MotionX GPS.

16crewmax

Thanks man, i was in the white crewmax with the n fab bumper coming of chateau rd

bkg

Explorer
Ohh, pouring salt on my wound!! So many smaller distractions and that project is so big

Just so you know, that build is what made.my decision on the 4wu kit. Addicted did a ton of amazing work getting it all packaged on the Tacoma. Very, very tight, but they made it work. Performs incredible.

zidaro

Explorer
Just so you know, that build is what made.my decision on the 4wu kit. Addicted did a ton of amazing work getting it all packaged on the Tacoma. Very, very tight, but they made it work. Performs incredible.

I think Brians Kits ( 4wheelunderground.com ) are amazing. Cant wait to have my crawler back on rubber 3.4 v6 powered!! Then i want to link the rear! Neverending addiction
Stoked to have pushed you in that direction! Lets see some picks of said Taco doing wild lines!!

bkg

Explorer
I think Brians Kits ( 4wheelunderground.com ) are amazing. Cant wait to have my crawler back on rubber 3.4 v6 powered!! Then i want to link the rear! Neverending addiction
Stoked to have pushed you in that direction! Lets see some picks of said Taco doing wild lines!!

Taco doesn't do wild lines - I hate body damage. :p

This was last week in Black Hills (Full Size). We only got to wheel 1 full day for the BHCC. Next year, either Cruise Moab, FJ Summit or the Addicted OffRoad run in September.

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 48

zidaro

Explorer
Any updates?

No real progress, Ive been wrapping up some other projects on my 4runner so it is all good to go (drive and play) which will allow me to dig deep into the Tundy, rendering it undriveable for a bit.
Id love to say ill be digging into it in next few weeks, want that rear frame boxing done before the snow flies and its cold/wet out. Gotta get some real work done on my property to prepare for Winter before i can play with projects. DAMN Life always obstructing the important things :Mechanic:

Soon enough :) thanks for the prod!

zidaro

Explorer
7A640AA9-F8F5-4DEC-B53D-26B27836EDAA_zpsqqvvm7lt.jpg

She's sitting proud and excited! Ready for the next chapter of life. Next time 4wheels are on the ground it will have the front LT on.
Front end teardown happening tomorrow. Hope to have the complete CVs and Camburg Chromo axles in a box and off to CVJ for full rebuild by the afternoon.

Full ICON stage5 kit for sale. 50%off retail.

E61E0A0B-286D-4DA2-A37A-E518AF685C68_zpsvlyfz0ge.jpg

76FECDFE-DDAF-4D46-8D6E-9A6BC7589EF1_zpspaxjudxv.jpg

Some info-
Have had it a few years, very recently rebuilt front coilovers and rear shocks by ICON. Front-less than 2K mi since rebuilt with new shafts and seals/oil. Rear- shocks have a 0miles rebuild including new outer tubes upgraded to their new design. UCA's have fresh uniballs.

Icon considers it their stage5 lift. http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/...em-stage5.html

Front coilover is the extended travel 2.5" remote reservoir kit with 700# eibach springs.
Front UCA is the billet version with fully adjustable heims, replaced the uniball when shocks were rebuilt.
I have a diff drop kit, never run the sway bar with it. Also includes the reservoir frame mounts
Rear is the 2.5" remote rez. shock.

Ive run them with shock boots so no pitting on shafts. Joints are all tight and in great shape. There is normal use wear and tear, minor scratches and finish damage from road/gravel/sand roost- mostly at the rod ends. Nothing that won't happen to any shock on any rig. The ICON IVD all weather coating they came with (i paid for) is crap i.e. a hoax, so they also could use a polish if you want them to glisten.
The UCAs have a cosmetic wear spot on them where my stock offset wheels with larger tires contacted them at full turn, once i moved to aftermarket wheels, no contact.

Not included is the icon rear springpack that i run. Its already sold. http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/...sion-pack.html

Its an awesome setup and i have enjoyed it greatly. I have decided to go full commitment with long travel
could be picked up in Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546 or arrange a drop in socal?? Or i will gladly ship.

Pricing based on 50% off icon retail. I take PayPal(u pay fees) or a check/cash/MO works fine too. Great sale history on multiple forums, I'm not here to screw anyone.
It is still on the truck but could have it avail. next week if needed rush.
LMK is you still have interest. Or have an offer/trade. Im open to ideas.
I can send you more pics than you wish.
Aaron

and a pic of my ************ pup in her backyard! cuz she rules

3DD20A62-EF25-4A9B-A591-D59C6124EBAC_zpseddk8lx2.jpg

zidaro

Explorer
sale of complete suspension is pending payment.

Still for sale-

I have a set of 4 Method 101 wheels, 18x9 +18mm backspace with Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 35x12.5 tires ~70% tread

Expedition One front bumper

pics of said items can be found throughout this thread, pricing based o ~50% retail. open to trades??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier