'07 Xterra Off Road Suspension Lift

RCA2222

Does anyone know of a suspension lift that would be applicable to the off road model of the 2007 Xterra? I'm not completely sure what upgrades have already been done by Nissan on the OR model vs. the standard. I am looking for a functional lift of about 2'' to offset heavy vehicle loads and bumpers, etc.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

vengeful

Explorer
If you're not already there, check out http://www.thenewx.org. Lots of great technical information there.

Visit this link to see Automotive Customizers offerings on 2005-2007+ Xterra Suspension packages.

Follow this link to see Calmini's 2005-2007+ Xterra offerings. Personally I would not buy from Calmini, their products are inferior, and they've got the worst customer service of any company I've ever had to deal with in my entire life.

Spencer Low Racing (SLR) offers a 3" and a 5" and a 5" coilover conversion for the 2005+ Xterras. They aren't listed on the website yet, but Follow this link for some information on the 3".

Daystar also makes a 2" spacer lift, but it won't give you any extra capacity.

The AC lifts are the least expensive, but also the least developed. The SLR lifts are the best you can buy, but they're also extremely expensive. The only suspension differences between the Standard and Off-Road model Xterras are the Off-Road has a slightly higher spring rate for the springs (additional leaf in the rear) and the shocks are stiffer. Any 05+ Xterra lift will work on either model. Just specify that you have the Off-Road when ordering.

:truck:

RCA2222

The '07 comes with 265/75R16, 31.6" x 10.4" as standard. Not sure on the first generation X.

jingram

Adventurer
I run 265/75/16 on my 04 X with no lift. Supposedly you can do this on the 03/04 whereas on the 00-02 you need a PML to get 32-33" underneath.

jingram

Adventurer
One more thing... on the 2nd gen Xterra (05-08) guys are also running 255/85/16 with a slight lift. Pictures and details are available on XOC or thenewx.org.... don't remember which site on saw them on. That is what I would go with if looking to bump up from the stock 265/75/16 on the X Offroad.

vengeful

Explorer
The first gen 4x4s come with a 265/75R15, which equates to nearly a 31x10.5x15" tire as well...

You don't really need to modify anything to fit 31s, but a mild torsion bar crank, and some shackles in the rear would allow you to fit 32s.

jingram

Adventurer
You sure about that vengeful? I'm pretty sure stock size was 265/70/16 at least on those that came with the 16" alloys. I'm not sure what the tire size is on those that came with 15" steelies.

vengeful

Explorer
The 05+ Xterras came with the 265/75R16 tires.

The older 00-02 Xterras came with 265/75R15 tires. The 02-04, which were equipped with 16s as an option, did indeed have the 265/70R16.

The Supercharged versions came with 17" wheels, but I can't remember the stock tire size on those off-hand...255/65R17 sounds about right, but I could be mistaken...

RCA2222

FYI: On the second generation X there are no torsion bars to crank, so no PML is possible.

Transfer case failures have been noted with vehicles fitted with 33s. One of the more outsppoken guys at the New X forum has switched back to 32s having decided that 33s were a big mistake.

vengeful

Explorer
There is a sort of PML possible on the New Xterras. Daystar makes a very inexpensive spacer lift, which is as PML as ou can get. Not nearly as cost effective as the t-bar crank + shackles of the older Xterras, but it still gets the job done.

RCA2222

vengeful said:
If you're not already there, check out http://www.thenewx.org. Lots of great technical information there.

Visit this link to see Automotive Customizers offerings on 2005-2007+ Xterra Suspension packages.

Follow this link to see Calmini's 2005-2007+ Xterra offerings. Personally I would not buy from Calmini, their products are inferior, and they've got the worst customer service of any company I've ever had to deal with in my entire life.

Spencer Low Racing (SLR) offers a 3" and a 5" and a 5" coilover conversion for the 2005+ Xterras. They aren't listed on the website yet, but Follow this link for some information on the 3".

Daystar also makes a 2" spacer lift, but it won't give you any extra capacity.

The AC lifts are the least expensive, but also the least developed. The SLR lifts are the best you can buy, but they're also extremely expensive. The only suspension differences between the Standard and Off-Road model Xterras are the Off-Road has a slightly higher spring rate for the springs (additional leaf in the rear) and the shocks are stiffer. Any 05+ Xterra lift will work on either model. Just specify that you have the Off-Road when ordering.

:truck:

Thanks for the Info - the last paragraph is exactly what I needed.

LUISJG

Explorer
I been looking arround and find out that xterras realy maintain value,
if i could just find a green one.....

RCA2222

LUISJG said:
I been looking arround and find out that xterras realy maintain value,
if i could just find a green one.....

I think the color was called "Canteen". It was not available in '07, however I think it was in '05 / 06.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior