Winterizzing

1tonpaulie

I have a 2010 FWC Grandby. Cold water only. What is the best way to run anti freeze? I don't want to dump it into the fresh water tank. To me that is just wrong! I live in the midwest and its starting to get cold. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Paulie

Attachments

• P5230078.JPG
    P5230078.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 21

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Nothing wrong with dumping antifreeze (the pink RV type) into the main tank, it's designed for doing just that and is non toxic. And it rinses out really well when you flush the system in the spring.

That said, if you don't wish to, then see if you can disconnect the supply line right at the tank, and fill the lines from there.

You should be able to drain the tank, and blow the lines out with air.

Only place that would need antifreeze would be the traps (if you have any) like the sink drain, shower drain, etc.

Most camper typr rigs are set up so you can drain the water lines completly, but there may be more than one drain/petcock.

And if you're storing it, dryer sheets and mothballs do wonders for keeping the mice from building there own little campsites inside:snorkel:

Dryer sheets smell better by far, but should be replaced every couple of months, whereas mothballs will work all winter. (But you get to smell them for 3 months next season when you start using the rig again:Wow1:)

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior