$0 Budget Build 83 Grand Wagoneer

Privateer

OK so i was out at the family place today, it's where i keep the jeep during the heavy welding and fab work phase of this build. I was looking at how hard it will be to de smog and rework the vacume aka dust collection system on the 360. I rememberd to check the badge on the transfer case for those who wanted to know and for my own un educated information. It was dirty and a little faded but this is what i could get from it.

219 AM , 535 9846 , 124 80 , ratio 261 , and i think the casting numbers are C-13687. Like I said I couldnt read any of the printed on info to decipher what each number stands for but all this info was stamped into the plate (obviously by a disgruntled or tired jeep employee all the ones were upside down lol).

let me know good or bad what im dealing with guys. I already noticed it was marking its territory with a small leak from the Tcase half gasket so it will have to come out sooner or later anyway. YAY ME!:coffee:

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
Nice. Love that bumper. You have an NP219. It's a full time 4wd case. It's a decent transfer case for what you seem to have planned for it. I may be wrong but I don't think you should have an axle disconnect up front with the 219. Does your transfer case shifter show a 2wd as a selection? If so someone might have swapped the 219 for a 229. Since you have the disconnect axle you either need to keep it locked at all times or get a NP229 or NP208 part time case.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Go 208

IMHO the 219 (as well as the other FT t-cases are not all that great. They are finiky to say the least and the sheer number of vaccum related spagetti required to keep it working is horrible. When you de-smog your engine you may find it has some smog/some 4wd bridged systems. Remove the wrong smog and now the 4x4 doesn't work...ugh!
If it were me I would get online and find a nice NP208J. They are from the FSJ and work pretty well. It is a manual t-case so no worries about the V-line nightmare. As an added bonus, the J version 208s have fixed rear outputs. No more worries about damaging your rear shaft and watching all the fluid pour out...
The next step would be either convert what you have or replace the front axle CAD system to work with locking hubs.
We need more progress pics too...heehee:elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94