Democratic Republic of Congo: Lubumbashi to Kinshasa

syke

Adventurer
Every few years I come back to this thread for a good read. Hands down still the most epic trip ever published on Expo. Incredible.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Read this a few years ago. Agree that this should be made a sticky. One of the best write ups ever, once you start reading it's hard to stop.

Hats off to Frederik & Josephine! Thank you for taking the time to post your trip and your insights. The adventure reminds me of the book, "Malaria Dreams" by Stuart Stevens and his oft repeated phrase, "Ah! Africa!"

Looking forward to reading of your further adventures!

fenethmyburg

I have discovered this thread about Frederick and Josephina's Congo adventure back in 2013 and but still I can't get enough of it. It's like every now and then I just keep coming back and re-read the whole story from the first part to the last. I would have liked to hear more about how they faired in Congo Brazzaville after they have crossed from Kinshasa.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I have discovered this thread about Frederick and Josephina's Congo adventure back in 2013 and but still I can't get enough of it. It's like every now and then I just keep coming back and re-read the whole story from the first part to the last. I would have liked to hear more about how they faired in Congo Brazzaville after they have crossed from Kinshasa.

Brazzaville (and all of Rep. Congo) is a cake walk. In fact, for many years now no government has had a travel warning on any of Rep. Congo (though that just changed a few weeks back)

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
False. The US issued one in 2016.

Current (29MAR2017) Dept Of State Travel Warning for DRC-

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/democratic-republic-of-the-congo-travel-warning.html

I am replying to the questions about Republic of Congo (the country that has Brazzaville as the capital) NOT Democratic Republic of Congo (the country that has Kinshasa as the capital)

Two different countries.

DRC is often unsafe and very wild.
Rep. Congo is very safe and Brazzaville is considered an extremely nice city.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles