Democratic Republic of Congo: Lubumbashi to Kinshasa

shultzie

Observer
Hey guys,
I've read this twice now in the past year. Just wanted to thank you for taking the time and posting your amazing/crazy adventure. Great photos and report! Hope you post your next adventure! Good travels!

amazednoob

radiobaobab

you are quite the story teller, sir. if you were simply recounting a story that you had been shared with you, it would have been a great read. the fact that you and jo actually experienced this journy, in all it's glory, is truly astonishing. so fortunate we are that the world's two most adventurous overlanders have such an amazing way with words. thank you so much for sharing, i can't wait for your next journey.

JosephFromTexas

Read this cover to cover, took about three hours, but worth every second! Incredible story, and incredible story telling. Sincere best wishes to you both, Joseph from Texas

TannaLR

Frederik & Josephine the great!

Im from Malaysia and i stumbled upon your link by chance and all i can say is AWESOME!. I love the way you tell this wonderful report like a beautiful story.

You both definitely inspired alot of people to go out and just go for an adventure.

Your LC70 is a real tough buddy to have in these tough conditions. Loved it alot !

Hope you can post more updates and pictures of it soon .

By the way F&J

Keep up your good work and continue being AWESOME!!!!!

Tanna

Last edited:

BushWrangler

Frederik and Josephine,

Thank you for an awesome read! You transported me from Downtown Manhattan to the Congo. Cheers to the both of 'ya. If you ever decide to make New York City your next adventure, send me a PM. Drinks are on me. We could have our own overland journey through Brooklyn.

BushWrangler

Where have you gone?

Frederik-

According to Frederik's profile, his last activity was: 06-30-2011. Anyone know what happened to him? No activity on his website either.

WaltzingMtilda

You people are insane

In a good way. It would never occur to me to even go to Congo. Or really anyplace outside the USA. The whole thing sounds like it takes place in severely outdoor circumstances. Also nature. Which, eeewww. The only time I go outside is walking to and from my Camry.

Having said that, holy **** y'all. Well done.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Surely someone on here knows them. I recall they were planning another adventure a while back, perhaps that is where they are. I am a big fan, see signature.

I only JUST stumbled across your amazing story!

I was thrilled from the start, and pretty much stayed up the entire night reading all 85 pages of comments! (don't judge me...)

What brave and adventurous souls you both have, F&J! Masterful story-telling, definitely put a personal flair to it, you are a talented writer. I look forward to finding similar threads of your other expeditions! Thank you for sharing your adventures (and sometimes MIS-adventures) with us!

ajitkommini

I spent the better part of two days devouring this thread. This is without doubt one of the most compelling accounts of adventure travel I have come across anywhere. Like so many others here I would dearly love to see this in book form. Thanks so much F&J for taking the time to share your amazing experiences with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles