Democratic Republic of Congo: Lubumbashi to Kinshasa

FinnTheHuman

Very good information. I'd say if you were going to end up in the DRC, stay as west as possible. Closer you get to the east, the danger levels pretty much go up.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Very good information. I'd say if you were going to end up in the DRC, stay as west as possible. Closer you get to the east, the danger levels pretty much go up.

That's my plan! I will be there in about a week to ten days, depending on how long it takes to get the Angola visa

-Dan

G Beasley

sawzall surgeon
I am late to the party , but this is one of the best stories I have ever read. Thanks so much for taking the time to post up all the sordid details here.

Sitec

Adventurer
A truly epic story that's had me glued to the screen for the last few evenings. I worked for an overland company as a driver/leader, and the nearest I ever got to DRC was Kisoro in Uganda. We had a seriously 'near miss' there in 1999 where a few days after we'd camped in Kisoro, we headed back to Kampala and passed another tour truck headed 'in'. By the time we arrived in Kampala the news was filled with stories that 8 people had been killed from that truck we passed right where we'd just been. Up until that point I'd have traveled anywhere without question. I'll sadly prob never see the DRC, due to this, but hope to return to Africa soon. I take my hat off to you guys with your stamina and persistence to get through and achieve your end goal. Well done! :)

jackb

What a read! That sounds like an amazing trip, I thought I was being adventurous by going on this Patagonia walking holiday but this completely blows that out of the water! Would love to visit Africa someday, have often consi8dered going to Angola and Mozambique, but the former always seems to be a little ropey.

Last edited by a moderator:

rfoubi

Observer
So, are all the pic links down now? Just went to share this story with someone and was disappointed to see no pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles