Powertrax No Slip installed in C200K rear

mcm4090

Explorer
Thanks to Bigdog (Brion) I was lucky enough to be one of the people to test the Powertrax locker for the C200K rear. The locker was installed in my wife 2005 Frontier LE 4x4.

The install was straight for fairly easy. Keep in mind the instructions are generic not vehicle specific. The pinion shaft can not be removed with the ring gear installed and the axles bolts in at the end of the carrier, there are no C-clips in the differential case.
Football072.jpg

Removing the case is not a big deal as long as you pay attention and do not mix up the shims. Also have the case removed from the carrier give you the advantage to work from every angle while installing the locker.
To remove the axle just unbolt the calipers, remove the two bolts the holds the E-brakes lines to the diff, the 4 bolts on each end of the diff. This will give slack to pull the axles out of the diff. to remove the case. I would also unbolt the speed sensors and remove them from the diff. so you don't damage them when pulling the axle out or pushing them back in.

Football075.jpg

The day I got the locker in the mail I also received an from Richmond gears that there was a change in the saddle spring and I had them the very next day well before the install.
Football076.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of of placing the locker in the case but but the instructions for this part is very detailed and easy to fallow.

Here are a few with the case reinstall in the diff showing the locker.

Football083.jpg

Football081.jpg

It took me about three hours to do the install. I could have done it in 2.5 maybe even 2 hours if a did not stop for pictures and other things.

Last edited:

bigdog

Adventurer
glad it is working out!

Can't wait to hear about its street manners and some trail reports.

SD_Nissmo

Observer
Been reading about this diff. Only fits the 200? Not Nismo rear ends? Im trying to make the 4x4 switch and there are very few used nismo, may end up with an se 4x4 and add the locker. I love my nismo but am wanting a 4x4 for more adventure! Hard when your truck is paid for and prox is big bucks.

Let me know how that thing drives on the street.

bigdog

Adventurer
Been reading about this diff. Only fits the 200? Not Nismo rear ends? Im trying to make the 4x4 switch and there are very few used nismo, may end up with an se 4x4 and add the locker. I love my nismo but am wanting a 4x4 for more adventure! Hard when your truck is paid for and prox is big bucks.

Let me know how that thing drives on the street.

this is for the C200K. If you go SE Auto that is what you'll get, but the SE M/T you get an open M226 and then you should consider ARB air locker. Or swapping the rear end with you NISMO ;)

ssnead

Any updates from the OP/tester?

Reports of dimensional problems with manufacturing & failures - Thanks

broncobowsher

Adventurer
If you check with clubfrontier of thenewx forums they have the latest.
In short, the first batch were bad and went boom. But after that they got them working pretty good.

ssnead

Case demensions-Quaife 370Z Torsen LSD

Anyone measure the case dimensions or have a dimension dwg. for a C200k?

I prefer to use a Torsen LSD for it's superior road manners/light off road duty use.

I do have a dimension dwg. from a 370Z manual Quaife QDF11L that has the same 4.083 ratio and looks like it may fit.

Attachments

• QDF11L.pdf
    31.5 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior