Uni-ball vs Ball Joints

ttfjc

weekend wheeler
there is a type of grease you are instructed to use. graphite based or something...i cant remember.. a specific brand they suggest and it fixes it. the squeaking is just squeaking..i wasn't really complaining i'm just saying. its kinda funny how loud it can be.

tjalward

Observer
squeaking a bit here and there in a driver with the windows up could be OK... I guess.... But whenever you turn the wheel, and whenever the suspension moves the slightest amount it gets super annoying. I can't tolerate it. I find I am annoyed at the squeaking of my rear dakkar leaf pack too, since there is metal to metal there as well. Also, any squeaking is WAY worse when you are going 1/10 of 1 mile an hour, on a trail, all windows down and your head out the window...

I hate squeaks! can anyone tell?

So that brings me back - does anyone know where to get the Monster Rides extended ball joints that have higher articulation? I'd like to get a good pair of high misalignment ball joints, push them into aftermarket ball joint arms, and hopefully have a good balljoint setup that doesn't tear boots all the time. The extended joints would leave me with flatter UCA for the given ride height - I like that as it will help the suspension work better and keep the caster where it belongs.

Thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mon...hVLwVQKHUqYBNoQ9QEIPTAC#imgrc=CXqjfURh7nUBEM:

jsnow

Adventurer
Try Super Lube for the Chaos arms. Most times the squeaking is from the bushings, not the uniball.

ttfjc

weekend wheeler
Try Super Lube for the Chaos arms. Most times the squeaking is from the bushings, not the uniball.

i had both. the bushings squeak for a while and then they settle, its normal. My problem is that i go into the woods every weekend and 2-3 times during the the week in the summer, because that's a problem to have ;) So I don't really take the time to properly clean my FJC after every outing and thus I constantly have dust and dirt in the UNI. not a big deal for me, but i can see where it would annoy the heck out of someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles