Not so long ago...

IMG_9093.jpg

IMG_9097.jpg

IMG_9211.jpg

IMG_9686.jpg

IMG_9721.jpg

Mud Dawg

Observer
Seven years and running of pure awesome. Could this be the most entertaining forum thread in the history of the internet?

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
At the end of 2017, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year with many roads, great and small, of adventure to follow...

A huge THANK YOU goes back out to Mike Hiscox for everything...!!!...

Our plan for 2018, with Pam now retired, is to do some serious get aways in the Jeep... Stay tuned...

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
You're very welcome, Paul. I'm very pleased that you were able to get the Jeep back in service and make good use of it. Those were difficult times and it makes me happy to know I chose the best option available.

Congratulations on your work and best wishes for your future travels.

java

Expedition Leader
Looking good as always Paul. Cant wait to see where you guys get out and take it. Can't wait for my retirement years :D

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Making The Bed Bigger...

The reality of two people sleeping side by side in the back of the Jeep just got better...

DSC01682.JPG

(above) The bench seat / single bed is fine going solo... When Pam and I have gone out overnight, it's been one of us using the wall cushion, on the floor, for the secondary sleep position... Frankly it felt like sleeping in a coffin... The other option, which I've used one night, is to pull out the 7' x 4' bed pull-out from over the cab... Very spacious except for the height... You cannot sit up at all... Not good if you are at all claustrophobic, but there is so much room to spread out and stretch out...

DSC01683.JPG

(above) Now, there is a thin, fiberglassed, redwood platform that rides under the bench seat...

DSC01684.JPG

(above) That platform will be supported by three of these... Doubled up 1/4" plywood with rare earth magnets embedded...

DSC01685.JPG

(above) The magnets click onto the drawer guides which does a couple of things...

DSC01686.JPG

(above) ... 1) keep the plywood from shifting and 2) keep the drawer from moving...

DSC01687.JPG

(above) There are three supports, on in the middle and one on each end and...

DSC01688.JPG

(above) ...the rear support is veneered with scrap Zebrawood...

DSC01689.JPG

(above) With the supports clicked onto the drawers, the redwood platform rests on top, with no loading on the drawers...

DSC01690.JPG

(above) Then all there is to do is drop the back wall cushion on top of the redwood platform... There is a combined 48" of bed width now, the same as our Sprinter...

DSC01692.JPG

(above) Bonus feature...!!!...The redwood platform doubles as a bigger than needed tabletop...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles