Bremach T-Rex is now in the USA

haven

Expedition Leader
Ben Montgomery of Bremach USA sent a couple of links to web pages featuring the Bremach truck.

The first is a two-page review in a magazine called Diesel Progress. This article mentions research into an all electric model that recharges by plugging into mains power, and an electric model with a gasoline powered engine to recharge the battery.
http://www.dpna-digital.com/dpna/201101?sub_id=0g5NU88YEc1z#pg61

The second is a review in Green Car Journal that praises the electric technology developed by the Bremach-USA team
http://blog.bremachusa.com/?p=119

haven

Expedition Leader
Autoblog offers an extensive gallery of photos of the Bremach T-Rex.
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2012-bremach-t-rex

Bremach-TRex.jpg

The T-Rex looks massive, but it's shorter and narrower than full-size USA pickups. It's also a little shorter and narrower than the Fuso FG, and just 2 inches taller than the Fuso.

The photos accompany an article about Bremach USA's development of a full electric version of the T-Rex that can drive 150 miles under work conditions.

haven

Expedition Leader
T-Rex gets Cummins power

Mike Levine of Pickuptrucks.com is reporting that the Bremach T-Rex is now available with Cummins diesel power! Bremach USA is able to meet 50 state emissions rules by using a remanufactured Cummins 5.9L 24 valve turbodiesel.

Ben Montgomery of Bremach USA confirms the diesel option, which will cost $5000 over the price of the T-Rex with the gas V8. That's pretty reasonable, considering how much Ford, GM and Chrysler charge for a diesel in their HD pickup trucks. The 5.9L engine is available in versions with 460 to 610 ft-lbs of torque.

The news comes in an article on the Pickuptrucks web site. The focus of the article is Bremach USA's T-Rex with electric hybrid propulsion system. The electric motor drives the wheels, while batteries and a 4 cylinder gas engine provide the juice.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/04/driven-electric-bremach-t-rex-devours-tough-jobs-not-gas.html

Even though it looks like a heavy truck, the Bremach T-Rex has a GVWR of about 14,000 lbs. Two wheelbases are available: 122 and 136 inches.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I met with Ben at SEMA last fall and had the opportunity to sit in one for a while. They are very comfortable inside with good visabilty and ergonomics.

Brian

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Thank you for the update. The option to have a diesel makes this more attractive.

If one has the wherewithal, one of these with the reman Cummins could be sent off to GXV for one of those Turtle cabins :sombrero: . . . or a Survival Basics one or :chef:

(hope Mike reads this, or at least one of his customers :ylsmoke: )

Mike Levine of Pickuptrucks.com is reporting that the Bremach T-Rex is now available with Cummins diesel power! Bremach USA is able to meet 50 state emissions rules by using a remanufactured Cummins 5.9L 24 valve turbodiesel.

Ben Montgomery of Bremach USA confirms the diesel option, which will cost $5000 over the price of the T-Rex with the gas V8. That's pretty reasonable, considering how much Ford, GM and Chrysler charge for a diesel in their HD pickup trucks. The 5.9L engine is available in versions with 460 to 610 ft-lbs of torque.

Even though it looks like a heavy truck, the Bremach T-Rex has a GVWR of about 14,000 lbs. Two wheelbases are available: 122 and 136 inches.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
not trying to be mean...
but when I visited at the US importers operation there were some questions that came to mind that still need some thought.

Who would do warranty work on the chassis & engine?
Where can parts be purchased?
and a few other things that I hope they work out as we need as many platforms as possible.

haven

Expedition Leader
At least parts for the GM 6.0 gas engine and the Cummins ISB are available in many countries around the world.

cwsqbm

Explorer
At least parts for the GM 6.0 gas engine and the Cummins ISB are available in many countries around the world.

I'd be more worried about other parts that are unique to this truck that would be capable of stopping it in its track. Still, we can't attack every new idea with the same "its not as common in Africa as a Land Cruiser" argument. Otherwise, nothing new would ever get built.

I like its size - you could fit a nice size pop-top cabin in back and still squeeze it into a 20' shipping container or down a tight trail. With a Cummins, it'd be comparable to a Fuso FG, but with more power, proper single tires and less-compromised frame. It'd probably ride better, since you're sitting behind the front tires.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I was wondering more about finding parts even around the USA....and for $110,000 I was curious about how long the warranty period was and who would do the work.
Brake pads could be interesting to track down.
I really enjoyed riding in one and seeing how it did on the street, however they did not have an offroad area to go to which I found disturbing for guys wanting to sell off road rigs for 6 figure base prices...especially ones new to the market and especially with Sportsmobile there as they build 300 rigs a year.

Billhilly

Adventurer
I couldn't agree more, and yet we are the only ones to comment. One of the sharper looking rigs to come along in quite awhile. I figure I could make it a hard sided pop up and be good to go! CTD, great approach angle! And how much narrower than a F550? Interesting article too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior